The Jenny Zarem Effect

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

The Jenny Zarem Effect

Postby alcain » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:19 am

A way cool effect for adding bounce and pop to your shows. Follow the link below to view the .pdf document of this effect. Sample show: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0763&alb=0

The Jenny Zarem Effect Instructions: http://www.starlightpps.com/files/Jenny ... Effect.pdf

Have fun! ~Al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Re: The Jenny Zarem Effect

Postby silverfox » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:46 am

Thank you - Greatly appreciated.

s

Esteemed Member

Postby Merlin_AZ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Great show.
The artistry is way over the top.
Wonderful and fun to watch.
Thanks for sharing.

Postby sayward07 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Hi Al
I have been following your tutorial and am as far as saving the show as a video file. I made sure it was an Mpeg-2... it saved ok (it actullay said it encoded) When I go to add it to a new show it wont go into the timeline at all, I have tried to add it to a blank slide (using ctrl button) and it looks like it adds it, but when I go to play it I just get 24 secons of blackness...
Any suggestions? I am so excited to use this effect, not sure where I messed up..
Just a quick note- I have tried to save it in the other formats, and it works with all the others, the pictures just turn out noticably blured
Thanks

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:52 am

but when I go to play it I just get 24 secons of blackness...

This would be a codec problem. Be sure you have all of the latest video codecs installed on your system. Proshow can create the Mpeg 2, but cannot play it without the codec. You can do a google search and find free codec update packages. The other option would be to use one of the other video formats that do work for you. If uncompressed avi works well (the file size is large), there are free avi to wmv converters out there as well. Hope this helps. ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby luvtknpics » Thu May 21, 2009 4:42 am

I am trying to follow the directions and have played it back but I'm not seeing the video. when I added all of my images and edit in the keyframe does each one have to be in a different starting and stoping position? Each one starting at the previous ones ending point? Hope this makes sense!
thank you

Valued Member

Postby my3luv1 » Thu May 21, 2009 6:18 am

It is easier to place each image is on their own individual slide with .17 time and AB transition .1 time than keyframing all those images on to one slide. For a good effect you will need about 30 different images copied those 30 slides about 4 times for a about 25 seconds video background. You need to render just that to AVI file to be use behind your slide show.

Here is the link how Jenny explained it what she did for her show.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11310

Maureen

Postby JaniceMBrown » Thu May 21, 2009 6:22 am

Each image will have its own slide. If you go by the tutorial you will have about 30 images which means 30 slides. Set each image in a different position on the slide from the previous slide. Your slide time should be about .17 seconds which causes it to flash from one slide to the next very quickly. As well your transition should be a cut of .1 seconds. So, 30 slides, one image on each slide time .17 or whatever fits the beat of your music and transition time .1. there are no keyframes needed for this effect

Hope that helps
Janice
Janice M. Brown
MemoReel Productions
http://www.MyMemoReel.com

Postby luvtknpics » Thu May 21, 2009 9:47 am

My video works fine by itself, i added the video to my slide show then added layers for the pictures I wanted to add, changed the opacity of each picture to 90% then changed the start and stop slider and changed the cut to AB. Is this not the correct procedure?

Postby luvtknpics » Thu May 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Ok, I have 30 pictures for the video and took all my pictures I had loaded for the slide show except a few and see if I could see what is going on. My video is upside down! The pictures are very fuzzy also!ugh Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong :oops: !
Please advise!
Thanks

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri May 22, 2009 4:12 am

If your movie is playing upside down it is likely a CODEC issue. The CODEC is not correctly interpreting your movie. The easiest fix is probably to load the K-Lite CODEC pack. http://www.codecguide.com/

Hope that helps.
-Vernon

Postby luvtknpics » Fri May 22, 2009 7:17 am

Thank you, will do that this afternoon! It played ok by itself until I loaded it into the slide show!

Valued Member

Postby u7mg0 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:05 am

While many people used Let it Rock song as the beat works well, (and i like the song) it is not appropriate for all slide shows. is there another song that anyone has found that will work well with this effect?

Postby dinkrobinson » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:49 pm

Ok I LOVE this effect!
I love this software. I am a newbie for sure but I tried this effect and followed the directions but when I create the video and add it to a new show my images are fuzzy or maybe even pixilated.
I hope you can help! I
read the one post about upside and fuzzy but you said upside-down is probably a codec issue. Would fuzzy be a codec issue too? And if so How do I know where and which codec to get?
Thanks again! I wish I had all day everyday to just cruise this site for more stuff like yours! Thanks!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Fuzzy is typically not a codec problem. Jumpiness...maybe. Usually fuzzzy is a lack of resolution. What size are the pictures that you are using?

-Vernon

Next

Return to Personal Web Sites