Photography Website

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Photography Website

Postby Jan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:54 am

Hi all just wanted to post our web site for you all to take a peek at ...... my son and husband do the photography .... http://www.vadovicphotography.ca/ thanks for looking and have a awesome day......Jan

Valued Member

Re: Photography Website

Postby smitty1946 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:02 am

Hi Jan,
Nice site and pics.

Took a while to load. I d/l at 10 mbps.
There is a typo on your About Me page. Still ooking for 2009.
Sneak Peek photos look stretched out.(16x9) 4x3 would look better.

Smitty
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Postby Jan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:20 am

Thank you smitty for looking ..... i did not notice the spelling mistake on the page .. ty for telling me ... i also noticed just now that our proofing page does not work .... ty for your come back .... greatly appreciated..... Jan

Postby debngar » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:52 am

I took a quick peek.

These are some things I would consider addressing:

The initial site takes way too long to initially load but once it's in cache, it seems to load quickly after that. Some of the images on the "about me" page look stretched/squashed. The flash slide-show thing is kind of neat. But some of the thumbnail images are squashed on that page too. I couldn't find information on the "about me" page to describe anything "about" the photographers or where you are located except for where it was hinted on your contact page and in your email address. At least supply what general vicinity so potential clients can better decide if you're anywhere near them or if you travel for destination weddings. I would replace the current text with pertinent information about the photographers and let the visitors discover your talent through viewing the different areas of your website.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby psychogramma » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi Jan...

Just a word from a PSP newbie and not a photographer. The site is nice, but I agree with Debbie.. your "About" page should be about.

As a "find it on the web" person, and this I do do well.. I offer up the following. I waited almost two minutes on low speed dsl (784 Kbps tops) for the first page to load. If I had done a search for photographers, I may never look at yours as I don't have a whole lot of patience on waiting for stuff to load up and probably would have moved on to the next one in the list and missed your fine presentation. On a retun visit, it loads fast and smooth, but that first one is a killer for me. The music is nice, but there is a "pencil tapping" sound in the background that had me looking for an issue with my equipment.

Good luck to you and and your family in your venture.

Be well and enjoy ALL!
Cathy

Return to Personal Web Sites