New Business/New Site

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

New Business/New Site

Postby JaniceMBrown » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:23 pm

I have recently ventured into this realm and lurk in the shadows of this forum. I would love to have feedback on ideas/suggestions for my site and business. I have so far had only 2 paid customers but has gone well. Please visit my site and you dont have to be nice. I can only benefit from your suggestions and criticisim.
Thanks Janice

http://www.MyMemoReel.com
Janice M. Brown
MemoReel Productions

Re: New Business/New Site

Postby ChrissyC » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi Janice, I went to your site, it's nicely laid out..I watched your wedding show in your gallery...lovely show, I love watching wedding shows...
Nice job :)
Chrissy

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:34 am

JaniceMBrown wrote:Please visit my site and you dont have to be nice.

That's a relief.

My critique will be quite the opposite of Chrissy's.

Your website screams unprofessional. There is nothing on the home page that would make me want to click another tab for more information. What is up with the header? Your header consists of two pictures, each on separate lines, with a ton of white space around them. Why? Your header would look so much better if it were on one solid line. The gray background color in your header does not work. The whole color scheme doesn't work. Gray, black, white, brown and red do not work together. It would look so much better if you choose two, maybe three colors that work well together and stick with them. If you don't know what colors work together, look at a color wheel. Back to the header.....the font that is used in your tag line "Preserving Memories of Life for Life" does not work, it is entirely too fancy and extremely hard to read. Whomever created the picture, cut each end so close, part of each letter is missing.

The main part of your home page doesn't flow. If you want to appeal to adults, get rid of the columns and place what you want to say in paragraph form. Make it short and sweet.

I didn't get past the home page so I can't comment on the other pages in your site.

Sorry about being harsh, but in business, you have to take the good with the bad.

Kathy

Postby JaniceMBrown » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Kathy...

No...I heard what I wanted to. I am NEW to every aspect of this. This is my first website and still struggling just to have the header lol. However, the one thing I dont see like you. My header is grey?? Should show white background not grey. I have been scrambling for way to make this better and unfortunately my creativity is less than extended. I have the same challenge with creating shows. I love the work but have very little creativity in me. I will continue to work on it and thanks for your help. Anytime you want to ream me a new "one"..feel free :shock:

Janice
Janice M. Brown
MemoReel Productions

Postby HunnyB » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:31 pm

Janice, why don't you surf around and check out other websites. Get ideas and start over.
One thing I did not like was the fact that your heading was very hard to read. I would use a different font.
Don't like hearing that you have no creativity. Whether it is creating websites or slideshows, creativity is a factor.
Dig deep in your soul, I bet you can find yours.
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby JaniceMBrown » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:44 pm

Surfed...site taken down. Will start anew! :oops:
Janice M. Brown
MemoReel Productions

Esteemed Member

Postby nwenban » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi Janice,

There are many "free website templates" sites out there, maybe do a google & see if there is "one for you"?

Over 4000 tremplates here http://www.freewebtemplates.com/

Neville
Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly!!

Return to Personal Web Sites