Switch to full style
This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.
Topic locked

Golden Oldies

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:01 pm

Yesterday, while searching for a remembered show, I tripped across a number of truly wonderful ones that I ended up watching all over again. It made me wonder about the huge influx of new members who've never seen any of these gems. It's also possible that many of the older members have, like me, forgotten to remember.

Since we're headed into a very busy time of year when the number of new shows is likely to take a big dip--actually, it already has--what if we replay those Golden Oldies? What I have in mind is for each of us to go find the original post for a favorite show (that someone other than us did) and then place a link to the actual thread, not the show itself, so everyone has an opportunity to see how the person explained the show. Oh, and no limit to the number of shows you reintroduce. Who among us has just one lonely favorite?

I hate watching as those great shows sink to the bottom of the pool. Let's dive down and scoop them up so all the newcomers will get to see them and learn from them and so that all us old poops can sit around and reminisce. I already have one in mind, but now I have to go find it. As soon as I do, I'll post it.

NOTE: If you've never seen a particular show before and haven't, therefore, ever commented on it, honor the person who created it by commenting in the original thread.

EDIT: I'm asking Mike to lock this thread so no links are posted in it, which means they could end up being lost.

Barbara
Last edited by BarbaraC on Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Golden Oldies

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:26 pm

Are these our own shows or anyone's show? Cheers Jan

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:42 pm

We're probably the worst darned judges of our own shows. :D To get things started, I just posted one that Diana did quite a long time ago that I've never, ever forgotten.

In the meantime, I changed my original post because I wasn't at all clear about it. Thanks for pointing this out.

Barbara
Last edited by BarbaraC on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:12 pm

Barbara,
This is a great idea. When I first discovered this forum, I sat for 2 days & nights just watching sample shows (and went thru several bags of cookies in the process). I just couldn't believe the things (technically speaking) I was seeing. There's a lot of talent displayed in those shows, and you're right, it's a shame for them to be lost on the bottom of the forum barrel.

I'm going to search for my favorite as soon as I get back from the grocery store. This challenge calls for more cookies!
Anna

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:19 pm

I'm armed with oatmeal cookies and milk. It's a dangerous business, what with crumbs and possible spills, but you're right. It can't be done without the proper sustenance.

Barbara

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:42 pm

I have a bunch of favorites but it looks like many of the threads to them have been deleted. waahh.

What do we do then? Should we contact the originator and ask them to post it again?

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:47 pm

They might feel odd about posting an old show, but if they don't, I wish to heaven they would post it again. There are probably LOADS of shows still sitting over at Photodex that none of us have links to because really old posts have been purged. How many shows did I never get the chance to even see? How many ideas have I missed that might have led me to other ideas of my own? :shock:

Barbara

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:03 am

Good morning Golden Girls...

What a brilliant idea... I'm off to find Mac's 'Walking with the Dead' (amongst others).

TTFN
Iris

Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:01 am

Removed - as I guess I have posted on a "sticky" thread - the wrong place

Mike
Last edited by mikemullett on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:53 am

Mike, could you give the URL for the original thread? Others may be in the same situation as I am, which is that I've never seen this show and would like to be able to comment on it.

Thanks. :D

Barbara

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:20 am

Per Barbara's request, I'm locking this thread. Please post your links to your favorite shows in a new thread.

Mike
Topic locked