Dead or Alive

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

Dead or Alive

Postby Ron » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:35 am

Hi All
What happened here? Is this part of the forum dead? I always thought that this was an integral part of the wheel. Hope it gets reborn. I like the idea of everyone using the same photo's. You just need to view "sample shows" for different photo's. This is where you see everyones point of view, creativity - its like looking through their eyes really deep.
In the past I never participated only watched. I guess that is part of the problem. Maybe I viewed it as a Contest and felt inferior but now I see it as a challenge to show your point of view. Anyway thats my 2 cents and I'm a willing participant in the future.
Does anyone else care to paticipant?
Come on maybe we can get going again - Simple Theme Photo's??? 3 minute/ 1 Song Shows??? etc.....
Anything to get it going again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Re: Dead or Alive

Postby nannybear » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:51 am

Ron I think what happened is everyone had "stuff" happening and we all got really busy. Personally I haven't had time to watch many shows never mind make one for fun. Summer is hard, but I know there have been personal scenarios as well. I hope we will get back to this too, it is really interesting seeing all the different approaches. I thought things would slow down this fall/winter but here we are heading for Christmas..... maybe a Christmas challenge. Hang in there, we will get this going again....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Re: Dead or Alive

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:03 am

Ron, the reason you saw it as a contest is because that's how it was originally named. I was just like you when I first spotted it, feeling that it mustn't be for folks such as I.

Chrissy posted a show that gives us a tour of the outside of her house, and then a bit of the inside, which sparked an interesting conversation about the wreckage in one of the rooms. Then TinaJ showed us her home in Maine. I still remember HunnyB's show about her kitchen, and then there were several "renovation" shows.

There ought to be some kind of angle one of us can think up for a home-style challenge. I do have a collection of pictures that have been taken over the past three months, all of them pretty much in one room or outside close to the back steps. I was almost completely bed-ridden with a "slipped" disc, but, by dingy, my camera still worked. I haven't as yet seen the results because I've been up to other kinds of no-good. There are around 150 pictures, though there's a missing one. It's of a mysterious flower I saw at the edge of the yard, and forgetting I was a bit rickety, I took off in its direction only to slide and fall on the slippery grass. The flower is like the fish that got away.

On point: Secrets in the House? Evidence of Who Was Last in the Room? The Junk Drawer? (You DO have a junk drawer, right?)

Over and out.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Challenges