August Challenge

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

August Challenge

Postby m.c.rude » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:45 am

Although I am new to this forum I was very interested when I saw a section entitled Contests. I was disappointed to see only one entry for July. I think a how to show maybe was just to big a topic to handle for a show with everyone's busy schedules.

This is just an idea for an August contest and it requires nothing more than a few pictures and maybe two different songs. (getting the songs right could be the hardest part) However you really do not need any music to try it.

One of the clowns in our studio took a simple story about spring complete with flowers and birds and kittens and changed the order of the videos/pictures and applied the Jaws soundtrack and changed it to a hunting season video where everything is hunted by a particularly mean cat. Other than the music he used the exact same footage for both videos; just in a different order. The order and style had everything to do with the way it was perceived. The music helped, but was not necessary.

After we stopped laughing and picked ourselves up off the floor we realized it was simply brilliant. We quickly hid the copy in stock because we were sure our client would not be as happy about it as we were. We have all been trained in the mood and perception of our work, but this was so simple that it astounded even us.

My idea for an August Challenge is to take a series of pictures and tell two different stories. For instance a series of pictures of a girl walking down a danger filled street and coming home to a nice room could be reversed to a girl running away from home. It could be done with as little as three pictures or as many as you want. If you do not have music for both moods you can use captions to direct the tone.

What do you guys think?
MC
the picture or video does not tell you what software or hardware you used; it only tells the story, it will only reveal what the eye sees.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: August Challenge

Postby stickgirl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:04 am

MC - Welcome to the forum!

An August challenge may have as many entries as July. I think with vacations, back to school shopping, school starting, activities starting, etc., many people will not participate. Better off waiting until September or October.

I like your suggestion and it should be great fun to see what everyone comes up with.

Kathy

Postby trulytango » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:28 am

Hi

I had something in mind for July but never got around to starting it. I still like the notion of a 'How to..' and now we have another brilliant idea to consider for another challenge!

Just wish there were more hours in the day
Iris :lol:

Postby HunnyB » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:37 pm

I will go along with whatever --- but as it is looking right now --- I am booked solid until September.
....which is a good thing. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby m.c.rude » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm

I guess it would be good to hold off on any challenges until people are less busy.
MC
the picture or video does not tell you what software or hardware you used; it only tells the story, it will only reveal what the eye sees.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:48 pm

I'll do it if you have others as well ..........

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby nannybear » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:15 pm

Great idea, but I am barely able to pop in it seems these days, never mind watch or create shows. Like Hunny, that is a good thing but I miss everybody. Work 'puter is acting funny and doesn't always let me on the site so I have been even more scarce than usual. Take care all and hope to be around more in the fall......hugs Nanny
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby czali » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:56 pm

I have to agree on it being a very busy time. I really liked last months idea but could not participate. I am booked until mid-September. Why is this such a busy time for slideshows? Seems like there are a lot of birthdays. Hope to join in again soon.

Colleen

Postby m.c.rude » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:17 am

Since everyone seems to be interested but busy, maybe we can make this the August/September challenge?

That would allow those busy into September to participate, and give everyone more time to work on the project.
MC

Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:40 am

I would usually jump at the chance to do a challenge.....but i'm busy too. One bit of sunshine and everyone wants to go on coach trips so i'm up and down the country at the moment....and my backside is going numb from being stuck in the driving seat. :lol:

I reckon a month or two and things should start to quiet down and i will get all feling back.

Like the idea though....got a few twisted ideas already :twisted:

Stu

Return to PSP - Challenges