June Challenge - Hobbes

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.
BethS

June Challenge - Hobbes

Postby BethS » Wed May 28, 2008 3:33 pm

Hi All,

Okay, here is my "one image" show. I did use some words but only one picture. I used different parts of the picture for background. I manipulated the picture a few times and added some movement and music. I have not looked at the other two shows that are posted so I really don't know if I did this right for the challenge. Either way, I hope you enjoy it.

Here is the photodex link in case you want to watch it there (a bit clearer)

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0619&alb=0

Beth
Last edited by BethS on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: June Challenge - Hobbes

Postby HunnyB » Wed May 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Nice work Beth. You did a good job.
One thing on my end is the music. It is real jumpy.
:?:

Thanks for joining in on the challenge.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby nannybear » Wed May 28, 2008 4:53 pm

That was great Beth...right on the money for the challenge. My heart goes out to Hobbes.....hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

BethS

Postby BethS » Wed May 28, 2008 5:29 pm

Jan and HunnyB.

How did I know that you two would be the first to watch it? LOL

Thanks for the nice comments. It was fun to do. My husband cried when he watched it.

HunnyB, about the music.....I added a link to watch it on photodex. Maybe that will be better. The sound works just fine for me on youtube and photodex. If others mention a problem with it then will reload it.

Beth

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Wed May 28, 2008 5:41 pm

Beth,

Great job with this challenge ..... I was just ready to make Hobbs my new best friend when I came to the sad ending :cry: ..... must have been a great pooch.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

BethS

Postby BethS » Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm

Bob,

Hobbes was the best. The short (or not so short) story about him is that we adopted him from a neighbor friend who was keeping him for a friend of hers that could not keep a dog in her apartment. I found out I was pregnant right after we got him. He had a horrible separation anxiety. We would crate him during the day in the downstairs. When we got home he would greet us at the door. (we think the ghosts in our house got sick of the barking and opened the cage but that is a whole other story). Hobbes' behavior was enough to make us seek out a doggy psychologist (oh, please) who told us that Hobbes would hurt our yet to be born baby unless we operated on his brain to fix the imbalance. What he forgot to tell us was that Hobbes was a puppy and would outgrow these behaviors. When I was 7 months pregnant I came home to find more doggy damage to the point where I thought that we should give him back to the neighbor friend. We had moved to a new house in the meantime. I will never forget the look on Hobbes' face as my husband carried him into the friend's house. This "friend" told us the next day that she found a great home for Hobbes on a 500 acre farm. I spent the next 2 weeks crying and begging my husband to get him back for me. We called the doggy quack, I mean psychologist to inquire about adopting another dog. Due to a mix up, the dog we were promised had been given to another family. The next day we went to the local humane society. I cried and cried as I walked from cage to cage looking at these beautiful animals who had no homes. About 6 cages in, I looked to my left and screamed, "MY DOG! That's my HObbes. GET HIM OUT!" The employee and my husband thought I had lost my very pregnant mind. As they let Hobbes out of the cage I saw that he was on death row. He was to be put down in two weeks. I could not believe what was happening. Turns out the "friend" never did give him to another family. She took him right to the humane society. When I asked her about it she told me that I told her not to tell me if she ever had to do that. I honestly don't remember saying that. When I asked her for the name of the "people" who had Hobbes she never told me the truth. Anyway, we paid the adoption fee, went to the store to rebuy all his stuff and took him home. There is a word, "beshert." It is hebrew for "what is meant to be will be." It was beshert that we got hour dog back. He was home. For almost 15 years. We had him creamated. I have his ashes. He is home again. I miss him everyday.

Beth

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Wed May 28, 2008 6:08 pm

Beth,

What a great story .... I'm sure Hobbs is telling all his angel friends the same story ....... got to love the dogs.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby HunnyB » Wed May 28, 2008 6:16 pm

Beth, have you recently upgraded to Producer?
Just wondering, I remember before watching your shows under Gold.

:arrow: Oh, now that you have posted your show, you can watch the other challenges..... :D

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

BethS

Postby BethS » Wed May 28, 2008 6:29 pm

yes, I am now using producer. There is so much to learn about these programs. I am waiting for the book.

Postby newtcruiser » Wed May 28, 2008 6:47 pm

Hi Beth, you did a great job on the show.. . . and a great job for Hobbes. We just got our first dog last August and I can't imagine life without her now so I know how you feel.

Linda :lol:

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Wed May 28, 2008 7:10 pm

Hi Beth,
That was a great take on this month's challenge. Beautiful tribute to Hobbes. I dont' know why you are waiting on the Proshow book. Seems to me you have a good understanding of Producer! Nice work! So glad you joined the challenge.

Hugs,
Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Postby nannybear » Wed May 28, 2008 7:14 pm

Oh Beth that story made me laugh, then cry and then thank God you got him back!!! You are so right, it was meant to be " beshert". Mazeltove kiddo ( hope I spelled that right ) love ya!!! hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby trulytango » Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 pm

Hi Beth

What a beautiful (and surprising) tribute - I watched it, enjoyed every minute, and then felt a lump in my throat when I realised he was no longer around. But what a lovely story you have to tell...

As far as the contest (and Producer) goes... well done! You did a great job.

Welcome to the playground
Iris :D

Esteemed Member

Postby Jim Adams » Thu May 29, 2008 6:59 am

Beth,

Nicely done. A warm tribute to your friend. After reading your story, however, I see a full fledged show coming down the pike. I'm sure you are not short on photos of Hobbes.

Jim

BethS

Postby BethS » Thu May 29, 2008 8:06 am

Jim Adams wrote:Beth,
I see a full fledged show coming down the pike. I'm sure you are not short on photos of Hobbes.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Actually, I am in the very slow process of making a book (I use blurb.com) about him. I have lots of pictures but only a few of us together which makes me a bit sad. I may just have to do a show instead :)

About a week after Hobbes died, we adopted a new doggy. We named him Calvin. I was truly paralyzed with grief and this little bundle of energy brought me back to life. Dogs are amazing creatures. How they capture our hearts in a gift. The hurt of losing Hobbes will never go away.

Beth

Next

Return to PSP - Challenges