APRIL CHALLENGE. welcome to...ToRoNTo

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.
Stumpy

APRIL CHALLENGE. welcome to...ToRoNTo

Postby Stumpy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:51 am

Flippen' Heck.....this was a toughy. :shock:

I think i tried about a dozen different ideas before things started to actually go somewhere. But i got there eventually.

I decided to try doing this one on the theme of one of those cheesey tourist commercials that boasts "this is the best place to be". 8)

Hope you enjoy.

Stuart

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2961838&alb=0

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:36 am

Nice job Stuart ....... fun to see the different approaches from all you talented people.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Fast and Fun!

Postby SandyB » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:09 am

Stuart --
Never been to ToRoNTo. Looks like it would be worth a trip!
Liked the pace, the captions and your creation.
An engaging and very fun few minutes!
CHeeRS!
Sandy

Connecting Who You Are With What You Love To Do

Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:13 am

Thanks Bob, Sandy...

I've never been to Toronto either but i don't think i would get lost if i went there now :)

Stuart

Postby trulytango » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:18 am

Hi Stuart

Glad to see you got there in the end... and well done to you! You got a really difficult challenge under your belt this time and you did a great job.

I liked the misty borders to some of the screens and it flowed along very well. Some nice touches in there too.

I've been reading up on the location, trying to find some additional inspiration but I'll be a while with this one and it won't be worth the wait, I can assure you :lol:

TTFN
iris

Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:34 am

Thanks Iris,

i can put my feet up for a bit now...hopefully it will take a veryyyyyyyyyyyyy long time for May to come around :lol: .
I was also aware that we could use a 3rd party application at a minimum but i just new that once i started i wouldn't be able to stop :lol: .

And i'm sure that if i can do this challenge then anyone can.
Stuart

Postby HunnyB » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:00 pm

That was great Stuart.
I loved the beginning with the outline type.
Very good job - as always.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby nannybear » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:16 pm

That was fabulous!! I absolutely loved it. My vote is you are the winner so far ( not that we are voting) excellent job!! hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Stuart,
That was really great! I love commercials. Very creative. Most of my work is Website demos, business presentations, etc., so I can relate to this one. Nice job!

Hugs, Stephanie

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:07 pm

Good job, Stuart!! That was great!
Debi

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:13 pm

Stuart,

Well, done. I'm still at Slide 0, wondering what the heck to do. Maybe by next week, something might come to me. :cry:

wendy

Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:42 pm

Thanks guys....i still think this was the toughest one so far.

The others i've seen so far have been good as well, all going in a different direction.

Stuck for an idea???.....i looked up on wikipedia for some local info and went from there.

Stuart

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:06 pm

That's what I did last night. Got my storyboard almost worked out...lots of good info out there on the net. I googled some "nightlife" Toronto Website and found alot of useful information on the Financial District and surrounding area. I am in between projects so hopefully I can manage a day or so to actually start proshowing.

Hugs, Stephanie

Postby jeanc » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:20 pm

Just now been able to start watching some of the challenge shows for this month. What FUN, FUN, FUN this show was. Was also informative and loved the music. Loved it! So hard to decide who I think is the best because there are so many ways to present these photos by some great talent here ......... and I like them all!!

Great job!
Jean

Return to PSP - Challenges