March 08 Challenge - Rome Revisited

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

Postby trulytango » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:30 am

Hi there Mac

Thanks for viewing... and I'm so glad you liked it - I was talking to another member about your show "Walking with The Dead" only yesterday. I must say that show is one of my personal favourites... so I hope you don't mind, but I posted a link to it in the other thread about the 'Making of Rome' demo show! See link below:

http://proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic ... 2a25defdc5

For detailed extractions, I use the pen tool mainly, along with some tweaking via Select>Modify>Expand/Contract/Smooth etc before feathering by a few pixels. The cut-outs for Rome were mainly against a brilliant blue sky so the magic wand came in handy then of course.

Photoshop and Producer make a great team, but there was very little in 'Rome' that could not have been done with Gold.

TTFN
Iris

Esteemed Member

Postby Mac » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:16 pm

"so I hope you don't mind..."

Of course not; thank you.

"For detailed extractions, I use the pen tool mainly..."

I finally used the pen tool recently to draw some ribbons. I can see how powerful the tool is but I imagine there's a great learning curve with a great amount of time as well. Maybe someday :)

Previous

Return to PSP - Challenges