March Show Challenge

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

March Show Challenge

Postby rkligman » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:14 pm

Can Spring get here fast enough? Enough of this cold weather. Ya, that's right, when it gets to the high 50's during the day in San Diego it's cold! We're such wimps. With that in mind, this months challenge is sure to warm your blood.

This months challenge is inspired by 57Corvette (Bob). Your Topic is "Over the Top". So what's it mean? Essentially pictures that aren't photos in the truest sense of the word. They are modified versions. Simple color changes, tonal changes, paintings, etc. The resulting collection of work should be Over the Top! Your show can contain whatever you like in addition to the photos, which is to say animation, videos, etc. Oh, and it's fine to put in a regular photo too for whatever reason. For example, you might show it evolve from photo to ? or from ? to photo.

Make sure you post the link to your show in the Contests section and put March [08] in the Subject line. Enjoy going Over the Top!

Postby nannybear » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:34 am

Just my two cents, but to make it easier for viewing I think there should be a time limit. Like no more than two minutes. I know the shortness of the music made me want to play cause I could fit that time frame in , and watch what others had done. What do you think???? cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby rkligman » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:45 am

I would vote for no time limit BUT I would ask that you post the length of your show, as we usually do. Then each individual can decide it they have time to view it. I would think most shows are going to be under 5 minutes anyway. I would not impose a time limit unless the majority agrees it's necessary.

We're all busy for sure. I know that somebody posted up a show I'd like to see but it was 12-15 minutes and so far I haven't had that kind of time to see it so it goes unwatched. That was the choice of the poster and they probably understand the downsides to such a long show.

My 2 cents.
Rick Insane Diego...

Valued Member

Re: March Show Challenge

Postby samrua » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:37 pm

I like Jan's suggestion (and her avatar :) ). Sometimes a time limit really helps to get the creative juices percolating. We've all had to deal with deadlines, right?

- Sam

Postby HunnyB » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:48 am

I will try. But I am not as creative with this type of show. Seems like it would be a lot of work for a challenge show. :( You know, changing enough images to fit a 2 - 5 minute show. Know what I mean.
Plus, right now I have four grandbabies at my house --- not feeling too creative. :roll:
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby nannybear » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:52 am

This was the challenge from last year :lol: don't know if I have time for one this month, things are pretty hectic here too...cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Esteemed Member

Postby moehler » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Were there shows posted for this challenge. I was getting excited about it until I saw the last posting that said it was from a year ago.

Bummer.

Postby debngar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Mark,

Look carefully and you'll see this original thread was actually started TWO years ago - in early 2008.

Then look on page two of the "PSP Challenges" section and I think you'll find some related shows that were posted back in the March 2008 time frame.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby moehler » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks.

Return to PSP - Challenges