Spring 2010 Challenge - My Hometown

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

Spring 2010 Challenge - My Hometown

Postby marmart » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Well, since I had been collecting pix of my hometown for awhile now, I was ready to go for this challenge. We leave for vacation the end of the week and upon returning I will be slammed with 4 shows to begin, so it was now or never.

My intent is to give a small glimpse of the beauty of Traverse City. There are no bells and whistles..I think only 2-3 styles. Tried to stay within one song and the time allowed. There is so much more I wanted to show off....but this is a teaser. We are a small town of maybe 15,000 but have many if not more amenities than many large cities. Add Lake Michigan and the Bays and...well, see for yourself.

I really look forward to seeing your hometown also!

PS I put this on utube first, but the quality was terrible...I chose HD, but it was bad. I think this shows better

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow?fl=3173771

Re: Spring 2010 Challenge - My Hometown

Postby Bart_B » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:33 pm

Thanks for sharing a really well done show. This was a treat for me. I spent the summer of 1969 working on staff at the Interlochen National Music Camp. Watched the first man walk on the moon from the snack shop because that was the only TV to be found. You live in beautiful country if you can just survive the winters!

Thanks again.

Bart

Postby HunnyB » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Mary --- I love your show. And your hometown is georgeous!! You did a great job.
I like the way your presented the seasons. GREAT, GREAT job!!!! :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:20 pm

I love Traverse City, lots of things to do there.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison
US inventor (1847 - 1931)

Postby marmart » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 am

Bart_B wrote:Thanks for sharing a really well done show. This was a treat for me. I spent the summer of 1969 working on staff at the Interlochen National Music Camp. Watched the first man walk on the moon from the snack shop because that was the only TV to be found. You live in beautiful country if you can just survive the winters!

Thanks again.

Bart

Hi Bart....can't believe you worked at Interlochen! It probably looks pretty much the same as when you were there! Glad it evoked memories for you...hopefully good.

Yea, the winters can be long sometimes, but it is the promise of Spring that keeps us going. You also live in beautiful country! Thanks for watching Bart.

Mary

Postby Anna J » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:18 am

Mary,
Really enjoyed your show. I would love to see those cherry orchards with all the cherries. I never knew that cherries came from Michigan! A really nice presentation of your town. Thank you.
Anna J
Anna

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:51 am

Hi Mary,
Very good show. Congratulations. quetzal :)

Postby trulytango » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:26 am

Gorgeous show, Mary!

I liked the subtle but beautifully simple way you chose to present your home town.. and I enjoyed each and every shot. You used a lovely selection of images used throughout, allowing each one to speak for itself - you are fortunate to live in such a lovely place 8) 8) 8)

I enjoyed my visit :D

Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby marmart » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:26 am

Thanks two-door, quetzal, Anna and Iris-thank you for watching...I look forward to more hometowns and states shows from other forum members.

Nice to see you again Iris!! I have not been around much and when I do pop in, I am amazed at the number of new Enthusiasts. Feels sometimes like I have moved and don't know anyone...

Mary

Postby Ron » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:02 am

Mary
You did a great job portraying your hometown. Simple is good. With all the styles everyone is creating (very talented people) its easy to use one after the other but in the long run its justs the photos & the story which matters - which you showed very well. Thanks for sharing a piece of the US that I wasn't aware of. I see many similarities between your hometown & mine. If I ever complete mine maybe you will agree.
Thanks Again Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby debngar » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:48 am

Hi Mary,

Loved your show - wonderful compilation and display of photos that gave us a good idea of what it's like to live in your town.

By the way, I found out yesterday after a couple of frustrating days of uploading and reuploading a show several times to YouTube that the best format to choose for now is 720p. Upload directly from Producer creating a YouTube output at 720p(best) and it should look pretty good. For now, don't use 1080p because there is something wrong with the way YouTube displays that format which makes the captions look like garbage.

Seeing as your show has so many captions, that would have really spoiled it if they weren't being displayed decently.

Nice caption work too by the way! :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby marmart » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Ron and Debbie - thank you for watching. Ron - can't wait to see your hometown show. Debbie, thank you for the tip for U-tube...I spent way too much time trying to fix wht I thought was a problem on this end....so thank you!

Now off to the airport - going to visit San Diego!!

Have a great week everyone....no computer for a week YIKES

Postby Ron » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:25 pm

Mary are you on "The Patch"?
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby marmart » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:36 am

richichi wrote:

Mary are you on "The Patch"?
Ron

Ok, ok so I broke down and got a Netbook....tore the patch of Ron!!

Postby SherryJB » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:34 pm

Mary - Lovely, lovely show. I've been to Traverse City in summer, and you really gave a feel for the seasons and the variety of scenes. I just loved it.

I really liked the collage sequence of the vineyards, so fitting.

Thanks for sharing!

Sherry B.

Next

Return to PSP - Challenges