Spring 2010 Challenge - My Hometown

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

Re: Spring 2010 Challenge - My Hometown

Postby marmart » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi Sherry! Thanks-it is always nice to have someone that knows the area! Of course we are all partial to our own States and hometowns. I hope more people post...it's like a little geography lesson.

Thanks again,

Mary

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:13 pm

Well done Mary - I used to get several of my magazines from there (no, not Playboy - "Home Shop Machinist" and "Live Steam" are published there :D ). Only thing I would change is the text - I had trouble with the white text in some areas - I have found a color text with a drop shadow is usually much easier to read. Another place I would like to visit some day (looks quite Washington like actually (Western Washington)).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby marmart » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi Mikey - good suggestion-I messed with those for a bit, did not think of that little tip!! That is so wierd that you got some mags from TC! Small world.

I have heard the comparison to WW. Know some locals that are there and they have said that.

Thanks again!

Mary

Postby HunnyB » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:54 pm

Just bumping up all the challenge shows so ya'll won't forget about them. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:55 am

Mary, what a gorgeous place in which to live! If I lived there I wouldn't ever think of going anywhere else.

Your show was extremely well done, all the focus on the pictures and the ideas behind each. I enjoyed both it and your hometown enormously.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby SandyB » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:58 am

Mary -
Really enjoyed your show - a lot of great effects, photos and song :!:
The song says "I'm proud of my home town" and your photos underline the message! Very nice!
I visited Traverse City once many years ago - looks like a return visit would be rewarding.
Sorry I didn't see your show until today - haven't been checking PSP - Challenges.
Well done!
Sandy

Connecting Who You Are With What You Love To Do

Postby marmart » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:51 am

Thank you Barbara and Sandy for watching..... I have busy enjoying an "early" spring. All the cherry blossoms are in bloom - a month early! Hopefully there isn't a freeze. Our weather has been unseasonably warm and the Bay is calling my kayak's name.

Thanks again for your kind comments,

Mary

Postby ginger » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:43 am

Mary,

Very nice show! I loved all of the picturesque scenes. I've spent some time in the southwest part of Michigan (Grand Beach, New Buffalo, Warren Dunes), but never that far north. I would love to get up to Traverse City and Mackinac Island sometime. For some reason we seem to always heads south but I know your area would be a great place to visit in the summer.

Thanks for the beautiful trip through your area.

ginger

Previous

Return to PSP - Challenges