Chrissy's Challenge

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Re: Chrissy's Challenge

Postby ChrissyC » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi Lynn, Oh my gosh! your home is wonderful, you and Tina live in the same area! how cool is that! it's SNOWING! that made me smile so big, it's already snowing in Maine and where Barbara lives to...I wish someone would tell California it's winter time! It was 85 degrees again today. I am enjoying this thread so much. People live in so many different area's and homes, I want to see it all!!! :D
Are the white trees Birch? they are gorgeous trees...even without leaves.
Lynn thank you so much for sharing your home....I just loved it.
:D Chrissy

Postby lmgerrish » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:16 pm

BarbaraC wrote:Lynn, cedar shake, arbor, above-ground pool, but where are Tina's pumpkins? :D

Thank you for showing us where you live and a bit of how you live (with the furnace turned on). It snowed here today, too. I'm beginning to seriously doubt all this business about global warming, what with a relatively cool summer and snow in October and now in November when we usually don't get any of that stuff before the end of December.

Barbara

Hi Barbara and Chrissy,

My husband just took care of my old wooden wheelbarrow filled with frozen mums and pumpkins (pumpkins with gold tulle tied to the stems, left over from my daughter's wedding).

The cedar shakes on our home were cut from cedar trees on our land at a local cedar mill. We can sit and watch moose and deer in our yard. It's quiet and peaceful.

My sister-in-law lives in Geneva, NY (Barbara, are you anywhere near that?) We've yet to make it there to visit, but hope to some day.

Lynn
Canon Rebel XTi, ProShow Gold and Producer,
Adobe Creative Suite 4 - Design Premium
Secondary Business/Technology Educator

Postby ChrissyC » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:47 pm

Lynn...quiet and peaceful....that works for me :D

Postby Frankie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:35 pm

TinaJ wrote:Thanks Frankie! Do you mean the menu? I use the list option instead of the thumbnail option when creating output, click on menu and it is a dropdown bar on the right hand side. I'm on my Macbook (YUCK!) now so can't pull it up in front of me but that is the basic idea. Hope that helps!
TinaJ

Thanks for the tip, Tina.

Frankie

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:23 am

Lynn, Geneva is a bit of a haul from where I live, which is just across the Hudson River from Albany. I've been there, but not in years. I seem to remember that Geneva's the spot where one or more of the originals in the women's liberation movement got a start--not that business in the 60's and 70's, but the original fight to get the right to vote and to no longer be considered the property of men.

Barbara
Last edited by BarbaraC on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Postby Roo57 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:26 am

Ooooooooooo that is sooooooooo Maine! Where in Maine? I was born and lived in Sherman until I was ten. Most of my family is still there, and we haven't been able to go north in three years. (Sherman is about 40 min north of Bangor and about 20 min. from Millinockett.) I grew up with a wonderful view of Katahdin.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:39 pm

Roo, Lynn lives in Brownville and I live in Milo, we are about 45 minutes north of Bangor, so I think you might be a little further north than you remember. My hubby worked in the mill in MIllinocket for 30 years, and that was a 45 minute trip on a good day.
We have some friends in Sherman, she is the principal at Katahdin Elementary, I think, and he was a guard at the East Mill.
TinaJ
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Previous

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback