"ROCKS"

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

"ROCKS"

Postby G_OReilly » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:40 am

The last show that I produced was called "Nature" and Anthony thought that the first picture was a little misleading and I agreed with him :)

This show I will call it "ROCKS" (hope he likes it :lol: )

Its 14M/B and aprox 4 mins.

Comments welcomed http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0579&alb=0

George
G OReilly

Raymond Bradley

Re: "ROCKS"

Postby Raymond Bradley » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:20 pm

I am no rock hound but do enjoy your photography. If you ever get to the Petrified Forest I want to see the slide show. Raymond

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:14 am

George, you're a man after my own heart. I love rocks and can't resist picking up those light enough to pick up, adding the really special ones to my minor collection on a shelf in the basement. Your photographs are beautiful, and the idea behind the show is equally beautiful. The only area in which you fell down is with the text. First, it doesn't have as much contrast with the background as it needs; second, I'm not sure green is the best choice since it connotes plant life; and third, it would look better if it faded instead of blinking out. Fix the text, but don't touch anything else in this show!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Funtolearn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:39 am

That was very impressive!!! Since I am a newbie seeing a show like that opens doors to lots of ideas I would not have thought about. I thought it was beautiful!
Muriel

Postby Funtolearn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:40 am

Strange I posted but I have no idea where it went.

I really enjoyed you show!! It give a newbie much food for thought.
Thank you for sharing.
Muriel

Valued Member

Postby G_OReilly » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:25 pm

Raymond:

Thank you for your comments. I hope to someday visit the "Petrified Forest" and if I do I hope that you will be the first to see it. :wink:

Barbara

So glad that you like rocks :lol: It was very peaceful walking on the beach that cold Nov. day.
I really appreciate your comments and hope to learn from some one like you..( I've seen some of your shows and WOW).....
The Green lettering is kind of distracting...but then what do you expect from an "Irishman" :mrgreen:

Muriel

Thank you for your kind remarks...I too am new at this and hope to get a handle on it. We are all here to learn from each other....thats what I like about this friendly form. :D

George
G OReilly

RePete02

Postby RePete02 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:32 pm

Texture, colour, history and most of all, the roll of the cosmic and planetary dice as to how and when did those rocks end up together on that beach. Thanks, I really enjoyed that.

(except for the text) minor detail

Valued Member

Postby G_OReilly » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:38 am

RePete02
Thank you for your comments,and yes I too would like to know how these rocks landed on the beach (as per your quote) roll of the dice :)

George
G OReilly

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback