Nature

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Re: Nature

Postby G_OReilly » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:53 pm

Steve
Thank You !!!
Yes you are right there should have been some kind of "ending" possibly a credit line for the music or something like that as Floridabobhad mentioned.

Thanks

George
G OReilly

Postby aangus » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:39 am

Hi George,
I just watched your show and enjoyed every shot. There is not a photo in there I would not be very proud of.
You can tell you have taken your time, put this together skillfully and with care to show the high quality of these photographs off. The music fitted a treat, good choice there too.
Very well done, and thanks for posting it, again I enjoyed it tremendously.
There are one or two points that I might raise, not as a critisism because I really did enjoy it, but more of something I noticed as I watched it, I hope you don't mind.
The text at the start was saying about the ancient shield rock formations being visible in the area, but there was only one shot at the start? I thought on reading it, there would be more pictures like that to come (the pictures that did come were excellent, it was just that the text seemed to suggest something different, does that make sense?)
One other thing was that there was a change of music halfway through, and the change happened during a single shot. It might have been smoother if you timed the picture to end at the end of the first piece of music, stuck in a blank slide for a moment, then started the second piece of music with a new photo?
Just some thoughts, again very well done. In fact I'm off to watch it again.
Cheers
Anthony

Valued Member

Postby G_OReilly » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Anthony

Thank you for watching the show.

I appreciate your comments,and agree that the rock picture was kind of misleading,but what I had in mind was how "mother Nature" has advanced over the years to give us such beauty,compared to 4 billion years ago when it was in such termoil.As for the change in music your right too, there was a short lag,but I just have a problem with the timing and must work at that for sure (not sure how to set that part yet :oops: )

Again thank you for your comments I really appreciate them.

George :)
G OReilly

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:17 pm

George

Beautiful work. This is a lovely, lovely show. Really excellent photography with the most perfect music to accompany your super pictures. I've watched this three times, loved every second. I didn't want it to end. Just 2 tiny little gripes - best if there was 'an ending' and I'd want to do a minimal fade overlap of the two music tracks.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Valued Member

Postby G_OReilly » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:39 am

Lavina

Thank you !!! I really appreciate your comments.
I've seen some of your shows and do admire your skills
in useing "Proshow".I also agree that there should have
been an ending and a "fade overlap" :?: not sure what you
mean by that.Guess I will just have to do some trial pictures
and sound tracks :)
:D Thanks again

George :mrgreen:
G OReilly

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:31 am

Hi George, fabulous pictures! What a pleasure to watch, thanks for sharing it.

To overlap your music just click on the "Tab" button on your keyboard. Then hold your mouse over the song you want to adjust, hit the "ctrl" button on your keyboard. You will be able to grab a song and move it to overlap the other song.

You can also double click your song in the music bar at the bottom to open your sound editor in Gold. You can adjust fades and timing in there.

Have fun!

Sue

Valued Member

Postby G_OReilly » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:05 pm

Sue

Thank you very much for your advice.

Tried it and it works like a charm :D

George :D
G OReilly

zweck

Postby zweck » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:57 pm

George,

WOW, your photography is superb! I watched it twice and I enjoyed every single picture of your show and the music was just right. I wish you elaborated a bit on the rock formation at the beginning of your show. One very minor point: the hummingbird image which is a great shot did not quite fit into this 'untouched nature' series because of the feeder. Hope to see more of your shows.

Marie

Valued Member

Postby G_OReilly » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:05 am

Marie

Thank you for watching .....As I mentioned before that the "rock formation" was a little misleading,and Anthony had pointed this out also.I agree too that the "humming bird " could be taken out and replaced with another picture :) I really appreciate your comments . I'm on a learning curve with"Proshow Gold" so all the help I can get from our members is appreciated.

George :D
G OReilly

Valued Member

Postby G_OReilly » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:10 pm

Muriel

Thank you for looking at my show.
Glad that you liked it.

G OReilly

TommyB

Postby TommyB » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:15 pm

George:

I'll add to the kudos...

Top notch photography and a nicely done show. But it's all capped off by a superb soundtrack which really draws you in; nicely done!

Tom

Postby Nelson » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:43 pm

Ditto, great show!

I especially enjoyed your shots of reflections in still water that opened the show, very impressionistic. Monet would approve! And how did you sneak up on that osprey?

- Nelson

Valued Member

Postby G_OReilly » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Tom
Thank you for your comments.I really appreciate your feedback.
The music I beleive suited the show to.

Nelson

Glad that you liked the show.Yes the reflections were great and as far as the Osprey well (he or she ) was very co-operative and stood pirtched on its nest for quite a while, and of course I just kept on "shooting" :lol:

The first slide was kind of mis-leading so I made up another "show" called "Rocks" as some of the other members where looking to see lots of rocks :wink:

George
G OReilly

Valued Member

Postby G_OReilly » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:54 am

cmhjohn wrote:OMG!!!!
Just beautiful!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.
John

Thank you for looking at the show.
Glad that you like it.

G OReilly

Postby im42n8 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:56 pm

George,

Some really nice photos there. Overall the show was done pretty well and I liked it!

Comments. These are meant to provide a platform from which to improve future shows. They aren't comprehensive and are just basic recommendations/comments ... my 2cents worth!

In the first slide, with all the text. You might use the first sentence as an intro (on the black or dark background) and maybe lead into the stuff about the patterns. Then, fade the image under the text that further explains those patterns (2nd sentence or a variation thereof). Then fade that text out and finish with the final sentence (this would be the third slide). (the text may need a backdrop ... a gradient or solid color or an image of the same (with an image you can create it with some opacity which may improve its appearance when used behind the text).

Your text comes in rather abruptly. For the pace of the show you might want to draw out its appearance a bit longer.

Your images are mostly all static. A mixture of a slight zoom in or zoom out or static adds to the viewability. When you do use motion, it's best if it appears as tho you're zooming to or from a location. Random motion is distracting. It needs to appear to have a purpose. And, it should be keeping with the music you're using (slow and leisurely or a bit faster...). On some types of images, adding a slight rotation can also aid the viewability.

WRT music. You should try to have the music end or begin at some point in the slide transition (not during the image display itself). It detracts from the show if you don't. Also, tweaking the transition times and the slide times to coordinate with the music selected can improve the quality of the viewing experience. You don't want the show to appear to have music just added to the slideshow .... the same fade/transition time and the same transition time throughout the show gives just that impression generally.

That's all for now! Good show!

Dale

PreviousNext

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback