A walk up Stac Pollaidh, NW Scotland

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

A walk up Stac Pollaidh, NW Scotland

Postby aangus » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:19 pm

There was a flurry of pictures of Stac Pollaidh and Inverpollaidh on a photography site I use, and it made me dig out some of my photos from around there, to put on a slideshow, mainly to let others on that site see my pictures of the area all at once.
I got the aspect ration a bit wrong for photodex it seems (10x7). There is a black band top and bottom, but there you go, I'm not trawling through that lot again to resize them just yet!
Anyway it was a long weekends hillwalking last September in the NW of Scotland, the first two days were a complete wash out and we had two really misrable Munros to climbin Fisherfield. We cut the plan short and went to Inverpollaidh, north of Ullapool on day three when luckily the weather broke and we went up Stac Pollaidh.
These are the pictures from climbing the hill that day, the show lasts 3min 51 sec, & hope you enjoy it.
As usual any thoughts or tips on how to improve will be most welcome.
Cheers
Anthony

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8035&alb=0
Last edited by aangus on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

zweck

Re: A walk up Stac Pollaidh, NW Scotland

Postby zweck » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:24 pm

Interesting landscape, especially the rock formations. Enjoyed your show but I am not crazy about the music.

Marie

Postby Showtime54 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:24 am

Hi Anthony,
Marie right... crap music, what happen to the stirring bagpipes that instantly tells the viewer they are in Scotland!
Two point, Zooming on mountains start at the peak and pull back it shows how the the mountain is impressed on the surrounding area.
Second point use the panning feature to scan across the scene, like you would do, if you were really there.
I like what you did with the clouds on the last couple of frames.
Warm regards from down under... Bruce.
"...Not try ...Do..." YODA
PSG, PSP5, Canon 60D SLR, CanoScan 8400F, PS Elements & Premier 10 Member:Photographic Instute

Postby aangus » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:12 pm

G'day Bruce. Thanks for your comment, and to you Marie. So you don't like REM then?
Bruce, you Oz guys don't mince your words eh? OK to be truthfull I was not 100% sure on that track (Rare REM mandolin strum, recorded live, I'll have you know!)
So I had a wee bit of time and revamped it with some new music, a few more shots and other adjustments.

One thing though, I didn't want to replace crap music with more crap music so bagpipes are a no -no, stirring or not!
OTOH you might think Pink Floyd is crap music too, but I'm not having bagpipes and thats it !
In fact I'd rather have a Rolf Harris song than bagpipes!
"Every every every every day, ... sunarise woh oh ho ho"......well perhaps not! :)

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8035&alb=0

Please let me know what you think. (Its just over 5 min long)
Regards
Anthony

Postby ChrissyC » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi Anthony, I loved your show, I liked the first one before you changed the music! It was not crap music..hahaha welcome to the forum Anthony where people tell it like it is...I do agree with you about bagpipes, Oh dear lord nooooooo no mucsic at all would be perferable over the boody bagpipes, just my opinion. :D I've been to England, but not yet Scotland, it's on my to do list...thank you Anthony for taking me someplace I've not yet been to, your country is wild, rugged and beautiful...you made me smile reading your remarks back to Bruce...it sounds like you have a good sense of humor, I look forward to more shows from you, I'd love to see more of where you come from.
Take care,
Chrissy

Postby trulytango » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:24 am

Hello there Anthony

Great show... brilliant music choice to go with the awesome photography. I really enjoyed it. The landscape up there is stunning to say the least.

I also enjoyed the subtle effects you used... you really brought those images to life.

TTFN
Iris

Postby Showtime54 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:25 am

May be c**p is a bit harsh for a forum, my apologies.
But your new version is a much better choice of music, the haunting notes of a Pink Floyd guitar matches that scenery superbly.
Maybe the music in I could hear my head, was more your highland pipes & drums type Scottish music, rather than your "step on a cat" type bagpipe music!
But I still have trouble with the fade to black transitions !!
I suspect you do it for a scene change (going to a different location) but to me its like having a gap in a audio track.
What I have tried with such scene changes is using a "push" transition, to push one scene out for the next place we go to... to indicate "we are here now!" and now... "we have moved over to here!"
But overall a good watchable show, that shows your audience what Scottish mountains are really like.

Cheers Bruce.
"...Not try ...Do..." YODA
PSG, PSP5, Canon 60D SLR, CanoScan 8400F, PS Elements & Premier 10 Member:Photographic Instute

Postby Nelson » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:10 pm

Well, there is one problem with the Pink Floyd music. I watched this at my cubicle at work over lunch and wanted to turn the volume way up, ... but couldn't! :)

Great photos, beautiful scenery and an enjoyable show. Thanks.

- Nelson

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback