My First Week With ProShow

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Re: My First Week With ProShow

Postby larrypjr » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:32 am

Funny Reply... Thanks.. <rofl>

Postby larrypjr » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:40 am

You two are pretty funny..... (he he hehehe)
And your pics are cute too.....

We Americans have funny language:
So many words can mean different things just by the inflection we use. Right!
And they are always changing the pronunciation of things.
Is it CA-RIB-EEE-AN or KAR-A-BEIN ?
GRA-NAH-DA or GRA-NAY-DA ?

Here in the colonies I live in New England.
We tend to drop our R's.

Pahhk the Caaa
One Dolla...

I saw a PBS special where there was a town in England from where the Pilgrims left on thier original voyage to America. Oddly; today the English townpeople there speak with the same accent as we have here in Taxachusetts.

WIth our Fourth of July upon us, it's interesting to note the number of British loyalists who lived here at the time of the 'Revolution'. I think most Americans feel a sense of unity with the Brits and I think (correct me if I'm wrong here)
the Brits have felt as if we Americans are British children or something like that. So at least in the past we had a sense of unity and frankly, I liked what I knew of Tony Blair. Now Mr. Bush is another story. We are ready for a change. Our economy is in shambles, we all owe so much money to everyone everywhere and the bl_ _ dy Arabs are holding all of us at bay. So enter Obama. A very charasmatic personality. But honestly ladies, his middle name is Huessin. McCain? Well he's in his 70s and probably more of the same as the previous Bush fiascos. Conclusions are going to be hard to make at the voting booth this year. Maybe I just won't vote and move to an island.

Well whatever happens I've enjoyed meeting both of you. Charming indeed.
By way of a comment; "most all of the pictures used in the slide show were British. I added the laughter to the soundtrack and downloaded the poem from a public domain site. Although it sounds a lot like him, it's not Benny Hill"

Thanks for your friendship to a newcomer....

Regards
Larry :lol:

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:46 am

Larry, though the political world is a dangerous area in which to tread on a forum, might I suggest what many of us are doing who considered either holding our noses while voting this year or not voting at all? Look at the third-party candidates.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby larrypjr » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:59 am

Hmmm... sounds like another possibility I hadn't considered.

Bet we could make a funny slide show about it.

I have a question. When I was placing all of the layers into the show I had to keep hitting the play button to see if the words matched the timing of the pictures. Unfortunatly, the play button just kept bringing me back to the start of the show. It took forever. I realize that you can time the music to the slides but considering doing it the other way around, do you know if you can start the preview in the layers area from any point And how do you do that?

Well, off to work for me. Will check back here when I get to my office.

Regards
Larry

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:36 am

Larry, are you talking about the Play button on the Options screen or on the regular screen? I never use the button in Options because the little preview box is too small for my taste, so maybe that's why I haven't experienced what you're talking about. Some smartypants, however, will probably show up and say, "Oh, just do this and then..."

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Previous

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback