Above the clouds in Argyll, Scotland

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Above the clouds in Argyll, Scotland

Postby aangus » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:53 am

Hi there,
Heres a slideshow of photographs of a hillwalk in Scotland in January 06.
It was perhaps one of the most visually rewarding days out I've had in Scotland.
It started off in thick, low, freezing cloud. After about 40 min or so climbing steeply uphill, I unexpectedly broke through the darkness of the cloud into bright, clear warm air.
It was like a "Jack in the beanstalk" moment, and the contrast to the gloom was completely breath-taking.
Upwards I went above the temperature inversion, followed by a "Brocken Spectre" for most of the way, with the views of Argyll and beyond simply stunning.
Anyway heres some of the pictures I took that day, I hope you enjoy them.
It lasts just over 4 minutes.
Many thanks for viewing, and any comments will be appeciated.
Anthony

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7992&alb=0

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:46 pm

Very nice Anthony !! We can definitely rule out that being somewhere in Kansas :D

Excellent job of putting the show together - beautiful shots and great music for
the shots.

One minor thing (my favorite mistake) - I prefer to have a show with an image
instead of black for the "click" thumbnail (usually caused by my forgetting to assign
one :D )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:26 pm

Good Lord, Anthony, but that's gorgeous scenery, and you certainly know how to take great photographs of it. Furthermore, you also know enough to not use any showy gimmicks for the presentation. Loved it.

Did you have any major revelations while your head was up in the clouds?

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Anthony

Wow, that made for great viewing. Excellent photography, beautifully put together with a perfect sound track. I really enjoyed the feeling of being up there with you - without having the hard slog of the climb! Thank you so much for posting this one.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Postby Jerry Cole » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:23 pm

Oh places I've never been ... they taunt me as you have with your show and photography .... I wanna go to Scotland!
Well done sir,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Valued Member

Postby Hemo2 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:14 pm

Anthony, what a beautiful sight that must have been to break the clouds like that! I can't imagine what it must have looked like in person. That's a great show you put together to share with everyone, as I suspect most of us will never experience something like that ourselves! Thank you.

Keith

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:13 pm

Great show Anthony, spectacular scenery and your photographs are wonderful. I enjoyed
every watching moment. Thank you for sharing your climb with us.

Brenda

Postby trulytango » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:49 pm

Hello Anthony

Your pictures are surreal... what an experience that must have been - to climb through the clouds and see them swirling beneath you. Thanks for a great show and the musical treat.

Regards

Iris

zweck

Postby zweck » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:26 pm

Anthony

You made the best of a rare opportunity. Wonder how you made the clouds partially move/vanish.

Marie

Honorary ProShow PHD

Above The Clouds

Postby Rosemary » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi Anthony

Thank you for the beautiful slideshow. It reminds me of when we lived in Elgin, Morayshire during the early 70s. Scotland and her people are home to me after Ireland. One day, perhaps I shall be able to make a show like yours.

Rosemary

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback