Winter

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Winter

Postby Jo$ » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:47 pm

My first shared show: winter in Holland. Recently we had some days with white frost; rare in my country. So took loads of pictures and combined the ones I liked most in a 3 minutes PSG-show. As I'm just at the beginning of my learning curve with this program would appreciate your comments and suggestions!

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2924076&alb=0

chicoelnino

Postby chicoelnino » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:01 pm

I'm in no position to be handing out advice regarding slideshows but the one thing I will say is that you have motion in every photo! There is nothing wrong with your photography skills let me add. Your photo's are amazing. However, with regard to the slideshow itself...I think you'll find that the only negative thing people will say about it here is the fact that you have way too much motion in it.

Just my 28 cents.....:)

Keep up the good work.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:13 pm

Jo$,

Congratulations on posting your first show for us .... it was really pleasant. I really liked your photos ..... they have an almost infrared look to many of them. The music was soothing and fitting for the show. I guess my nit-pick would be to cut back a little on the zooms ...... they were appropriate for some photos but not all.

I would be interested in knowing what kind of camera and lens you used in this show ..... thanks again for posting.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:13 pm

Nice first effort, however I think there are a few areas that could stand a little improvement.

The pictures and the music don't jive - the pictures went by very quickly and the music was extremely slow. You may want to try different music or slowing your pictures down. Also, the music ended before the pictures did.

Every picture has motion, which for me, was quite distracting. I would like to see the majority of them motionless so I can actually see the beauty in what you photographed.

I also don't think the circle and the squaret transition (although not over used) added anything to the show. I generally stick to the crossfade unless a transition has some special significance.

I think you have great pictures and I would like to see this show done over again without all the movement (and perhaps different music)

Kathy

jarmana66

Bravo

Postby jarmana66 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:30 pm

Very beautiful show and photos!!! Congratulations on posting.
Bravo
Magdalena

Pierre-Andre

Postby Pierre-Andre » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:15 pm

Bonjour Jo$,

Beautiful pictures, nice slide show, just a little too much zooming and move , the music is a little bet to sad or to soft, however I had pleasure to see your show.

What kind of camera did you use to shoot those pictures.
Thak you for your show
Amicalement.
Pierre-André

Postby debngar » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:21 pm

Beautiful wintery scenes!

As far as zoom and pan and practical numbers - try no more than, say for instance, an 8-20% difference for zoom or unzoom maximum. We can tell what you are pointing out in a photo if you pan a bit toward the direction of what your main focal point is in the picture. It's not usually necessary to zoom to 200-500% or whatever to show us what you want us to see. Zooming in too much is kind of like the difference between looking at your finger starting with it outstretched at the lengh of your arm and then trying to see it after you've moved it to almost touching your nose. The eye cannot really appreciate it that close (and you go cross-eyed). If you move your finger to a position half way in between, you can see it better. Hence, if you lighten up the amount of zoom, it's easier on the viewer's eyes and still interesting to watch.

I didn't mind the calm music. If you decrease the image movement that will also slow them down to match the tempo of the music a little better.

My favorite image in your show is the pretty pathway with trees lined up on both sides and the long shadows.

Thanks for sharing your show.

Debbie

zweck

Postby zweck » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:10 pm

Jo$,

I am amazed, never seen frost that thick. This must have happened with high humidity but no precipitation. We get here thick ice on branches but never frost like this. Your pictures are great - thanks for sharing.

Marie

Esteemed Member

Postby Shaker » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:03 pm

The music was perfect for the show.

The movements were possibly overdone and horizontal pans would have provided variation. Real life panning is something we do naturally by turning our heads. Zooming isn't (except when we move towards something).

In the pathway through the avenue of trees you have achieved something like a walking effect with your zoom. Slight readjustment of the zoom/pan combination on some of your other images might achieve a similar approximation to real life movement.

The mill photo/s were superb.
Shaker

Postby cherub » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:01 pm

I enjoyed your show very much. You have some very beautiful pictures in there. I enjoyed the walk in
the forest, the mill, the reflection in the water, everything.
Of course, I agree with all the above comments about too much zooming, but I enjoyed this show nonetheless.

Postby Jo$ » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:37 pm

thanks for all your comments and suggestions. Will certainly keep in mind and (when I find the time) redo the show.

What kind of camera did you use to shoot those pictures

it's a Nikon D70s with a Tamron DiII 18-250mm 1:3.5-6.3.

I am amazed, never seen frost that thick. This must have happened with high humidity but no precipitation

we had several days of few degrees (2-5 centigrades) of frost combined with fog and no sun at all. When the sun appeared (a few hours after I took the pictures) the whole scenery was gone is an hour.

Thanks
Jos

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:49 pm

Great pictures! I have never seen frost like that and that spider web was perfectly creepy!!

I'm the queen of pan and zoom believe me, but there pictures are like something you would see on a calendar. If you redo, use pan and zoom if you want, but maybe pan out to a full shot and hold it for a few seconds. I would have loved to really get a good look at the pictures.

Very cool show!
Sue

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:39 pm

Very nice - a bit much motion, but very well done and excellent pictures.
Loved the spider web !! (although I suspect the spider was less than
thrilled :wink: )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jo$ » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:38 am

Happy New Year to all of you!

Redid the show, taking advantage of your experience.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2925426&alb=0

Thanks for all your valuable suggestions.
Jos

Postby TracyB » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:40 pm

Jos - I really enjoyed your 2nd version - and the photography.

Happy new year to you too - may your blessings be many.
You are the master of your own destiny
-photography enthusiast
-psg enthusiast
-psp newbie
-psp (paint shop pro) enthustiast

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback