An Australian Beach Summer

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
KombiKat

An Australian Beach Summer

Postby KombiKat » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:21 pm

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas from across the water.
I've put together this show as a tribute to my favourite beach here in Australia. I've made a couple of family shows but this my first 'public' viewing show. I am using Pro Show 2.6 but I think it's time I upgraded to the next level.
I hope you all enjoy a glimpse of Aussie beach life.
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3239&alb=0

Cheers....Lynnie

Esteemed Member

Postby Shaker » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:20 pm

Just what we need to see in the depth on a damp, drear winter day here in UK. The music established a perfect mood. Could almost smell the damp sand. Nice variation in image subjects. Thankyou.
Shaker

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:31 pm

Lynnie,

I liked it. Photography is very good and the show paced well. Also liked the music a lot--appropriate and simple. As-is the show's good but, I think it could become really excellent with just a little work. Here's my $.02 of suggestions & comments:

-- Please don't have every picture in motion. It rapidly gets distracting. I'd guess that 50% of the slides use a zoom & pull back combination that rarely adds anything at all. I'd get rid of all of those motions and then maybe add a couple back just for variety, and for somewhere I really needed to focus the viewers eyes on something then pull back to show context. Likewise, some of the pans are spot-on because there's real or implied motion in the picture that is reinforced with the pan but some of the others aren't helped by it and, I think, would be better without it.

-- The order of the pictures seemed odd to me in a few places. For instance, I'd have the shot of the VW micro-buses either open or close the show, jumping from beach to them and back, for me, interrupted the flow. Same thing with the shot of the swim fins, I expected to see shots of divers/snorklers there. Just look at the flow and be sure it's what you really want and that's a reason for whatever order you decide on.

Oh, and I was in Australia for two weeks starting a month ago. Both of my trips have been business so I didn't see very much but I loved what I saw -- tho' it sure is a really long trip getting there from the East Coast of the US!

I think you'll find the upgrade to Version 3 well worth it. Lots of new stuff to play with, especially the ability to really do layers now.

Keep up the good work!
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

KombiKat

Postby KombiKat » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:50 pm

So glad I could bring a little sunshine into your bleak December days and many thanks for your input guys.....I was very hesitant about putting too much motion in and I think you are right Dick - I shall play around with it again and hopefully correct those ares you've mentioned.
I love watching and learning here - you guys are all so friendly to each other and Pro Show is so much fun to work with I shall be updating in the early new year for sure.

Cheers...Lynnie

Esteemed Member

Postby Shaker » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:00 am

Lynnie,

Most members of this forum are pan and zoom weary - I am too. Hence fequent criticism here when generous amounts are used.

However, generally shows are not for the likes of us and most viewers find they add life to a show.

There is a danger that if images without motion are mixed with those that move, the former stand out like sore thumbs.
Shaker

Postby Jerry Cole » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:21 pm

Lynnie,
I enjoyed you show, but I think it would be much improved following Dick's recommendations. Go ahead and keep some of the gentle movement, but use it purposefully to illustrate a specific part of the shows content, rather than for the sake of movement itself.

Except for the coniferous trees at water's edge, the shots could well have been here in San Diego. Of course your summer is our winter, and our water temp is probably a bit colder.

I think you would be very happy with the upgrade to PSG 3.X ... It has layers which greatly add to the thing that you can do.
I look forward to seeing your next show ... maybe in 3.X.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

zweck

Postby zweck » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Lynnie,

Enjoyed seeing blue sky after a dark rainy day here. Liked your photography and the motion in your show did not disturb me. But I agree with Dick about the sequence of the pictures. Hope we don't have to wait till 3.X.08 for your next show :wink:

Marie

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback