Vacation show with pics and 3 video clips

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Vacation show with pics and 3 video clips

Postby jskintauy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:03 am

Hi All,

I am making a vacation video of our trip to Europe last year. This is the 1st part of it. I wanted to get some feedback.

There are some things that I am not sure about in terms of there use.

1. In the first part of the show I use a number of zooms. I want to know if you think they are appropriate
2. The video clips add to my memory of the show and are probably fine for our family, but would others viewing the show be interested in seeing them.
3. One of the slides has quite a bit of text. Does that slide work?

Of course, any help or comments on these things, or other things you notice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards and Happy Holidays,

Jim
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 1689&alb=0
Jim S

Esteemed Member

Postby Shaker » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:36 pm

Jim,

The switches between stills and movies and between locations were a bit too sudden for comfort. Can you soften them?

Your friends already know that you are Jim and Judy so do they need to be told?

Judy is standing in Trafalgar Square, not in front of it.

The troops identified as the Rememberance Day Parade ("pretty darned small, to say the least") were nothing of the sort, and the comment could generate mixed reactions in UK.

Similarly, imagine how red-blooded Americans would respond to a commentary in which a statue of George Washington was referred to in the way you refer to that of Queen Victoria in Windsor. (In spite of indicating that you would, you never did identify her in the show.)

There were some loud uncomfortable bangs and much of the commentary could not be understood.

The panning in Windsor was so unsteady that its chief merit was as a study in unsteady panning.

Some verticals of buildings needed correction.

The caption of the Choir Loft was displayed a bit too briefly (as was the picture which was well worth further study).

Your choice of music was excellent.

It all depends on who your intended audience is. For family and friends, some of my comments are less relevant.
Shaker

Postby Cherie Curtis » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Shaker: For the record, I believe that Jim said that the parade was "pretty darned COOL to say the least" not "small". Anyway, I enjoyed seeing your trip Jim and Judy. Thanks for sharing.
~~Cherie

Esteemed Member

Postby Shaker » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:21 am

Cherie,

Thanks for your message.

Because of what I thought I had heard, I listened several times and carefully to the commentary before posting. In a private message Jim said that the actual comment was "pretty darned impressive, to say the least". After receiving his message, I listened twice again to check, but still heard it as before. If I can mishear, so might others (as you have demonstrated by hearing it differently from either of us!)

Like all components of a show, commentaries need care.
Shaker

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback