Hello and Happy Holidays!

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Linda

Hello and Happy Holidays!

Postby Linda » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:31 am

Hi everyone. I just found this forum today and have been having the best time watching your wonderful slide shows. I have been using PSG for a couple of months and am having alot of fun with it. I'm definately a beginner and could learn alot from you people. Anyhow, I posted a Christmas show as a greeting card to all of you. It's complete with lots of zooms and pans and even lyrics. Everything that I probably shouldn't be doing. :) But I hope you find it festive and fun anyhow. Looking forward to talking and learning from you all. Happy Holidays! Linda

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4590&alb=0

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:22 pm

Linda,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your show. Yes, it was festive and fun and yes there was
too much zooming and panning...however most of us have done that with our first shows. Less is always best
and this also applies to transitions. Keep to a simple AB fade unless the transition enhances the image. I liked
your choice of music and the way you used captions to match the words to the music, but in some parts your
timing was not synchronised to the words of the song.

You have made a good start and I enjoyed watching your greetings card. With a few adjustments you will
have a very good show.

Brenda

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:28 pm

That was fun, Linda. I didn't notice all the panning and zooming because I kept watching the words and thinking, "Any time now. She's gonna do it. Aw, come on, go ahead and do it." What, pray tell, was I waiting for? The bouncing ball, of course. Even without the ball, I enjoyed your Christmas greeting.

Welcome to the forum! There are only about 1-1/2 hours worth of driving between us, so I'll think of you as a neighbor.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi Linda! Thanks for doing that, what a fun show. I liked the pans and zooms but then again, I'm a noob too! It was fun, and I love Amy Grant so 2 thumbs up for you!

Happy Holidays!

Barbara....there's a bouncy ball feature?? Where? I have to have it!! ;) Can't have enough action you know.

Sue

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:00 pm

Sue, just wait. Some joker here will have to build a show with a bouncing ball.

Barbara

Linda

Postby Linda » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:17 pm

Thanks all. Looking for a bouncing ball as we speak! :D seriously, I do appreciate the warm welcome.

Thanks again,
Linda

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:45 pm

Barbara, I have 5 bucks that say's it's al.

Sue

Postby Jerry Cole » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:13 pm

Linda,
Welcome to the Zany farm and Merry Christmas to you and yours. Don't worry about the zooms and pans. It seems that we all start with a facination with the things that PSG can do, and want to try them all out. In fact, maybe it is a good stage to go through to become acquainted with the library of things that can be done ... later you can pick and choose ... just keep on having a good time.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

ProShow Hall of Fame

Bouncing Ball

Postby Brenda » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:51 pm

Here's a link for a demo made by Barbara K last June:-

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5917&alb=0

Brenda

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:04 am

And there it is. I wonder if Barbara K. will pick up on this or if she'll just end up, um, dropping the ball. (Sorry. Couldn't seem to stop myself.)

Barbara of the C. type

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:15 am

Linda

Welcome and thank you for posting - and merry christmas to you and yours too. Your show was nice and festive and fun to watch. I agree there is a bit too much movement going on all the time, a break now and again would be good just to let the eyes catch up! None-the-less this is a very good first posting, it's early days and you will only get better. I'd say the first shows we produce are a great learning experience of what our wonderful ProShow can do!

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback