San Diego Scenes

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Ann Coulter

Thank You

Postby Ann Coulter » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:18 pm

You are truly an artist. From photgraphy to presentation, you have that something special that comes through. Thanks for sharing San Diego with me. Ann

Postby Jerry Cole » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:50 am

G - Gee ... Thanks!
Bob - Real Estate is depressed here andI don't want that exposure ... I'm sure some of those agents are homicidal!
Ann - I'm flattered, but glad you liked the show and my hometown. The really hard part is what to leave out!

My thanks to all,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Producer Addict

Way cool!

Postby Producer Addict » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi Jerry,

I believe that great photography has a lot of depth added to the shot, (except closeups of course). IMHO you have captured the spirit of San Diego very well with your photographs. I have been to San Diego many times and visited many of these places.

My favorite was the small sailboats with the aircraft carrier in the background.

Postby Jerry Cole » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:25 pm

Producer Addict,
Thanks for watching. If you look closely at the pic you can also see Ft. Rosecranz in the background, and a sub next to the Midway during its de-commissioning. Since 9-11 there will be a much larger "No sail" area around all warships here in S.D., and the perimeters are patrolled carefully.

The Midway is now a museum and a great attraction to tour.
Glad you enjoyed it,
Jer
San Diego Guy

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:02 am

Hi Jerry

I really enjoyed your show. Loved the 'visit' to yet another part of the world I have never seen - or likely to see! Super photography, some of your shots are truly ace. I liked your choice of music too. Thank you for sharing.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Great Show

Postby dksledd » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:43 pm

Jerry,
I really enjoyed the show. Some of the scenes were "somewhat" familiar, but haven't been in San Diego since 1955 (U.S. Navy). I plan to be back in San Diego the end of August 2008 for my USS St Paul CA-73 reunion.
Once again. you have taken some great photo's and have put them together nicely.
What camera and equipment do you use? I'm primarily NIKON myself.
dick

Postby Jerry Cole » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:29 pm

Lavina,
I am pleased that you watched the San Diego Scenes show. I wish I could personally show you around my town ... I was very cordially received by some of your countrymen during my visits to Edinburgh ... (long ago) the only place I have been in your area. I want you to know that you have a huge fan in me ... I think one can learn more technically from simply watching your shows than most tutorials could ever accomplish.

Dick,
I hope some of the scenes were still familiar. After 50+ years things have really changed here. It has grown up, but it is still a "Navy" town. August will be our "Hot" time during your visit.

Coincidentally, I am sitting here drinking from a coffee cup that is printed "U.S.S. St. Paul CA-73 Burrow AFT ENG. RM" The cup was one from my favorite uncle, who died a couple of years ago.

For 35mm I have an old... very old ... Minolta XG-M with assorted glass. My dgital is a Nikon D-80 and I mostly use a Nikon 18-200 VR lens. Some of the pics were even taken with my wifes Nikon coolpix S6.
Enjoy the reunion,

Jer
San Diego Guy

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:25 pm

Jerry Cole wrote:For 35mm I have an old... very old ... Minolta XG-M with assorted glass.
Jer

Old ?!? Old he sez?? That is one of my newer ones - I also have an
SR-7 and SRT-101 hanging around here as well as a couple of even
older non-slr cameras. XG-M is modern/hi-tech !! :D :D
The SR-7 was purchased by me NEW back in the mid '60's I think
when I was earning $1.50/hr as a boxboy at the local grocery store.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jerry Cole » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:47 pm

Mikey,
How about "the brick" for my first real camera? Know that one? Followed that with a used C4, but that is long gone ... I think I traded it for some diving gear!
Jer
San Diego Guy

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:03 am

You mean the Argus C3 ? Had one for a while. Also a Crown Graphic 4*5 -
now there was a film size you could get some serious enlargement out of!
Try shooting several frames a second with one of them .... :lol: :lol:
Still have some sheet film downstairs as well as several partial 100' rolls
of 35mm film (Plus-X, Tri-X, High Contrast Copy - now there was a cool film).
Tri-X pushed to 1600 in Diafine was a good underwater film.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:03 pm

Jerry Cole wrote:Lavina,
I am pleased that you watched the San Diego Scenes show. I wish I could personally show you around my town ... I was very cordially received by some of your countrymen during my visits to Edinburgh ... (long ago) the only place I have been in your area. I want you to know that you have a huge fan in me ... I think one can learn more technically from simply watching your shows than most tutorials could ever accomplish.

Jer

Jerry
Quite something that Edinburgh is the only place you've visited in Scotland! Edinburgh is 'my city' - I should say was. Born and brought up near the east coast right on the Scot/Eng border, when I started to make my way in the world headed to Edinburgh to study and work. I loved it there! But as has everywhere else, it has changed so much since those decades ago.

Thank you for the compliment. I blush with pleasure. You made my day, knowing I have a 'fan'!

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Previous

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback