Daddy/Daughter Canoe Trip

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
BethS

Daddy/Daughter Canoe Trip

Postby BethS » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:49 pm

Hi all,

For the past three summers my husband has taken our two daughters on a Daddy/Daughter trip. This year they once again visited Algonquin Park in Ontario Canada. If you have never been there I highly recommend it. The hiking is amazing. They canoed for three days and had a great time. They took some pictures and video that I turned into a three minute show. Had one of their cameras not fallen into the lake, I would have more to choose from. As it is I did not have a ton of pictures to use but I did my best. I would love your comments. I think I may go back and add a few captions here and there.

Beth

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5322&alb=0

Revised show!

I just revised the show using some suggestions from here. The camera shutter sound is still not as loud as it is on my computer or on the ipod version I made but I don't know how to fix it. If you turn up the volume on your speakers you will here a "puff" that is supposed to be the very clear shutter sound. Then turn them down so you are not blasted by the music. Oh well. I also added the music credits and my new logo.
Thanks everyone for watching and for the nice and very helpful comments.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6594&alb=0

Hugs,
Beth
Last edited by BethS on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby HunnyB » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:40 pm

Nice show Beth. I loved the music.
You have a good looking family.
I did a camping show for my church. I started it out
with the criket sound too. I need to post it.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Honorary ProShow PHD

Bravo!

Postby TinaJ » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:23 am

I loved it! Are you using Gold or Producer, you had some nice wide white borders that I am envious of!! I also loved how you put in your vid clips, now I'll have to make sure someone poses just like your daughter so I can put clips in like that on my next project.
TinaJ

Postby kaylef » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:11 am

Beth ...that was so incredible!

Very short but Wow! whatta wallup of impact. The video of your daughter and her poem was precious. The show finished and I sat there and imagined how much this would mean to your kids in 10, 20 years when they have families of their own.

The only thing I would personally change, is the target thingy on your picture, I'd limit that to one slide.

I adore Algonquin Park. One year we were there in a "tent" and the park rangers were out all night chasing a bear through the campground. You could hear the bear crashing around past our tents. Talk about a scary walk to the outhouse in the night! After that we went in a trailer.

Thankyou for posting your show
Kay

BethS

Thanks

Postby BethS » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:31 am

Hi HunnyB, TinaJ and Kay,

Thanks for the really nice comments. Tina, my daughter posing with her arms out.........she was actually showing me (since I was not there) the view across the lake. As I was putting the show together it just seemed to be a perfect place for the video clip of her poem. I love when things just work like that! Also, I use gold. Wish I could afford Producer. The white borders are masks that I got on the photodex tutorial download and the picture photo frames were from a site I found called thedom. Kay, I just went back to watch the show. The target things are supposes to sound like a camera click. Loud and clear. Unfortunately that did not come across on the playing of the show. DARN! It is very cool when it works.

Beth

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:43 am

Beth,

Wonderful show ... and the area looks like it's a great place to camp. I think this shows the wonderful relationship between your daughter and her dad ............ very special indeed.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

lostdutchman

Postby lostdutchman » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:44 am

Beth,
Very nice. I didnt see any mosquitoes. The last time I went canoing in northern Michigan
the mosquitoes nearly carried the whole campsite away in one swarm. Your husband and
daughters were very brave. I now prefer to do my camping in Best Westerns.
Ken

BethS

camping

Postby BethS » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:50 am

Ken,

I got the camping bug out of my system YEARS ago. I now consider any hotel under 4 stars to be camping. hahaha

Postby knt3424 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:51 am

well that made me cry.....

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Nice Show

Postby alcain » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:18 pm

Beth, I liked the split prism viewfinder effect. I did not hear the shutter release either. What would make this even more effective would be to keep the viewfinder effect then, just before you add the CLICK sound, add a .25 second cut to a black slide. Then it would look exactly like a 35mm camera does as it clicks. (Did that make any sense?). Loved the show. I still have my canoe "parked" on the side of my house. I used to take my daughters out in it all the time. Now, my oldest is married (and just gave me my second grandchild), and my youngest "baby" is Drum Major in her High School Band - so she is much too "busy" for canoeing right now. I used to go to the Charles L Sommers Wilderness Canoe Base in Ely, Minisota at the border. We would take long trips accross into the lakes - Ahhh yes the mosquitos! But the lake trout and the pike were amazing to catch using out red and white spinners...
I do so much appreciate the fact that you honored us enough to bring a little bit of your precious family into our hearts!
Blessings... ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

BethS

thanks again

Postby BethS » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:53 pm

Al and knt3424,

Thanks for the comments. It made my husband cry, too. I wish they had brought back more pictures. One camera got capsized with them so about 6 pictures were streaked and the other camera hit the water never to be seen again. They did have the real camera with them for the video and a few more pictures. I may have to go next year just to take the pictures. :) Nah! I am not invited on this most precious trip the three of them take. They don't need a "mom" with them.

Al, I love the idea of the .25 second black frame. I will revise it when I get a minute. My daughter and her friend are making a "friend" show to give to their friend next weekend. It is taking everything I have not to take over. There is so much to show them.............But I won't.....it is their show. I just may have to use a few of their pictures in a show I am making for my daughter.

Beth

Postby Jerry Cole » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:32 pm

Beth,
Really nice piece of work. What a wonderful keepsake for your daughters and husband. I think Al had a great idea ..wish I had thought of it. Even without the black slide, the camera view is a great way to start the show.

I guess canoes and cameras don't go together well. I enjoy ocean kayaking, but don't have the nerve to take my camera with me ....(shhhh ....Maybe I'll take my wife's camera next time) ....NOT.
Keep up the good work, I enjoyed it. Short shows are fun too!

Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Lot of "Super Glue" there!

Postby jeanc » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi Beth, my husband and I watched your terrific show and his comment was "tell her I see a lot of super glue bonding that family!"

I am going to have my son-in-law watch your show also. He and my daughter have 4 daughters (10, 8, 7, and 3). He spends a lot of "one on one" time with them, taking them one at a time on a "special"date or just to go with him to get a hair cut or buy something at Lowes.... this show reminds me so much of his relationship with my granddaughters. I love your show and how you have mastered so many techniques. It was just the right amount of mix for me. What a lovely family you have and it is so good to see parents spending such quality time with their children.

Smiles,
Jean

Cricket

Postby Cricket » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:00 pm

Beth,
I've been reading the posts for several weeks and finally joined so that I could tell you how much I love your show! I can't tell all of you how much I'm learning just by watching. Beth, I would love to know how you created the stack of photos that disappear one by one. I'm figuring out so much on my own, but this has me stumped. Any advice would be so appreciated. Thanks again to all for sharing your shows and advice. One day I hope to be brave enough to post one of mine. :D

BethS

Be Brave

Postby BethS » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi Cricket,

First, thank so much for the nice comment about my show. Second, (yelling sweetly), DON'T BE AFRAID to post anything you have done on this site. These are the nicest, smartest, most creative people you will find. If you ask for help or critique you will get it always with a smile and a desire from others to help you. I have been doing this for a couple of months or so and I have never been afraid to post something because I knew that there would always be someone to see it with a fresh eye and someone who could help me. Making a show is like knitting a sweater.....by the time you are done you don't want to look at it anymore. And it is hard to see it objectively especially if you have been looking at it and working on it for a long time. Let someone new see it. You can always delete it from the sharing site if you need to. The show I posted did not have the "camera" click working so I am going to redo it and also add a suggestion from one of the members who saw it. There is so much to learn from so many wonderful people. Please don't be afraid.

As for the white frames, they are masks that you can find here

http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?ac ... &cat_id=12

I am not sure how other people use them but I put them together in powerpoint making sure to save them as PNG files so that the shadows work correctly. Let me know if you need a step by step for that. If there is a way to use them in gold without an outside photo editor someone will let us know.

Go ahead, post something.

Beth

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback