Squares in Motion

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
BethS

Squares in Motion

Postby BethS » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:09 pm

I love to play with color, geometrics and movement. I was sooooooo inspired by Lavina's recent show that I just had to play, too. No pictures or fancy graphics. I just wanted to test my skills at lining up and spinning.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3768&alb=0

Beth

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:09 pm

Hey, that's cute !! Only problem I had was on the open when they
all take off, my eyes tried to track all of them at the same time :D

Very nice little demo - I presume this is all just done with layers and
multiple slides (you are using Gold not producer right ?). Worked
very well.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jerry Cole » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:14 pm

Beth,
Isn't it great to have someone like Lavina to show us ways to expand our ways of looking at PSG visual images?

Congratulations on developing your imagination and skills. I think exercises like this are great. They may not be shows in the traditional sense, but they are enjoyable none-the-less.

The more we learn ...the more we learn!

Keep at it. I would love to see more like this. I was going to do something similar, but my main computer crashed this week and I am relegated to one of my slow backup machines for a week or so. I guess I have to settle for vicarious PSG pleasures!
Kudos,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

BethS

Thanks

Postby BethS » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:02 pm

Thanks for the comments Jerry and Mikey,

These slide shows have taken over my life. There is so much to explore. Every time I see a new show I have to figure out how it is all done. I do ask every one in a while but I find that I learn more in the exploration process than just step by step instructions. Problem is though, once I learn something I get bored very easily and have to move on to something new. It is just how I am wired I guess. Me bead business has certainly taken a back seat to all of this.

Yes, mikey, I am using Gold. Can't yet justify the expense of Producer although I would love to have it. I imagine from all that I read here that something called keyframes makes the job easier. I will have to learn more about that soon.

Thanks again for all of the support.

Beth

Postby cherub » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:53 pm

Very nicely done and you are good with it.
It is fun to play with animations, just keep in mind, that when you do a real show, these effects must serve a purpose.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:10 am

Didn't she do well :)

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Squares in motion

Postby Lina » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:20 am

Yes Lavina she did very well

Lina

Honorary ProShow PHD

My thoughts

Postby TinaJ » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:23 am

I think that is very cool! Dang, I'm going to have to quit my new job so I can stay home and figure all this stuff out!
TinaJ

BethS

Thanks

Postby BethS » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:58 am

Thanks again for the nice comments. I didn't do this for a "show" just for an exercise in movement. I am working on a project for a teacher friend of mine to show to the parents on "back to school night." There is a sequence of pictures that will work well with some movement (not this much, of course) other than just panning and zooming. I will post the show when it is done in a few weeks.

Beth

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:56 pm

Beth, well done and bravo! Your sense of color, perspective and geometry are amazing. We all do things differently. I, for example, would never do a show like this one, although I love to watch them. I prefer info, documentaries, which might bore you to tears. So all in all, that is what makes us such a happy and well balanced family!

Thank you so much for this show, and the comments and critiques.

Blessings,

~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

pixmike

Re: Squares in Motion

Postby pixmike » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi Beth,

Goooood job! It gave me some great ideas for a future show. I'll insert pictures in some shapes and captions in others... Thanks for showing us!

Cheers,

Mike :wink:

Postby kaylef » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:19 pm

Beth ..that was really amazing...just squares and look what you can do.

Kay

BethS

Thanks

Postby BethS » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:37 pm

Thanks Mike and Kay. I appreciate the nice feedback. It sure helps especially when I am sitting here struggling with a show I want to do for my hubbie and two daughters. they went on their annual daddy daughter canoe trip to Algonquin Park (ever been?). It is a wonderfully beautiful place. I have all of the elements but I just can't seem to get any creativity flowing. Maybe tomorrow. I think I used it all up making some invitations. hahaha

Beth

Ann Coulter

You've changed the meaning of "square"

Postby Ann Coulter » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:03 pm

Beth, I've watched your show a few times. Congratulations on the effects. I'm sure it was several hours of work over the computer. Nice job! It gives several of us ideas on what can be done with some work. Thanks for sharing. Ann

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback