Show #2 40th Birthday

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Show #2 40th Birthday

Postby Kay Gundlach » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:06 pm

I am very new to Proshow but have created my second show. It is a 40th birthday tribute to our son. I know that other peoples family photos can elicit limited interest, but I appreciate your viewing and critiques. I am working hard as a 60+ grandma and really want to improve.
It is 14 minutes long.
Many thanks,
Gringa

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2539&alb=0

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:14 pm

Gringa

Welcome to our little group ..... you're off to a good start with this show for your son. You used the simple transitions which is a good thing to do. I might suggest in your next show to cut back on the amount of pans and zooms you used. A little is a good thing, but too many can start to distract from the show.

Also, I think you might want to put a few captions with peoples names ... so the younger kids when they play this video years from now will know who everyone was.

I look forward to seeing more of your shows ........

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Ann Coulter

60+ and still got it

Postby Ann Coulter » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:04 pm

Gringa,
I know how hard it is to post shows to this forum your first time. Congrats on taking that step. At 60 + I congratulate you on your use of ProShow. My husband will be 60 soon and can't turn a computer on by himself. I agree with Bob, captions and names will be very useful for future generations. You may not want them in this show ('cause everybody knows everybody else), but maybe a back up show. How soon everyone forgets. I have tons of pics and have told all my kids who's who; but I know they'll never remember and I pray I will, but don't want to take the chance I won't. I also would suggest getting a photo editor to clean up old photos. You would be surprised how great pics can look with the click of a mouse. There are several free programs out there if you don't want to invest in expensive programs. Nice job for a first show. Looking forward to more. Ann

Postby Jerry Cole » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:52 pm

Welcome Gringa,
I also agree with Bob on the Pans and Zooms. Especially the Pans that are not full frame to start with. I think this was more in the first part of the show.

Not really a criticism, but along the line of the captions mentioned by Bob and Ann, have you thought of placing a few captions as kind of "landmarks" in time?

For example: the year .... or the occasion .... or the locale? Not only for those not familiar with you and your son, but for future reference ...I know I start forgetting such things.

I'm sure your family, especially your son, will love the show and greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for joining us and for posting the show
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

rework

Postby Kay Gundlach » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:50 pm

Thank for the critiques. I took each to heart and have done much improving.
Bob and Jerry, I reduced the number of pans and zooms.
Ann, I have cleaned up more the old photos.
I have even added a wee bit of text per your suggestion.
Mikey, you suggested to another show submitter that she view the DigitalJuice site to learn more about transitions. I did this and picked up some tips.
Just want you all to know that with all of your expertise, I appreciate you taking the time to view and make suggestions to improve the work of a new beginner.
In gratitude.
Gringa

Just a thought

Postby Jerry Cole » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:40 pm

Hi Gringa,
This is not really a critique memo, but I just thought of something you might like for future shows.

If you every want a very easy and simple way of creating a frame around a pic, this free program is pretty good with hardly anywork at all. It's called FrameFun and I have provided a link below.

I use it a lot, especially with older and odd sized photos that I don't want to zoom too big. I got the tip from someone on this venue, so I thought I would "pay-it-forward".
Again, welcome and post again soon.

Jerry

http://www.hochstrasser.org/wiki/pmwiki ... i.FrameFun
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Frame Fun

Postby Kay Gundlach » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:51 am

Jerry,
Many thanks for submitting this Frame Fun suggestion. The email arrived just before my final, of many final, edit and I was able to employ it to frame two photos and I liked how it improved my show. You 'paid it forward' and I cashed the check
gringa

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback