My first Wedding Show

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

My first Wedding Show

Postby burntb4 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:36 am

A short 7 min show i am working on for my newly married friends. I would appreciate any comments / suggestions that would improve the final cut

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0892&alb=0

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:04 pm

That looked like a very pretty place to get married .............. a few suggestions for you. On the slides where your photo is smaller than the background, you might try a drop shadow on the photo to help make it stand out. Also, you could try a color outline around the photo. On the background photos of the ocean ..... your horizon is not straight ..... making it appear as though everything tilting to the right. I would go back and straighten those so the horizon is level. I'm not sure what the audio file was ......... but maybe it has some meaning to the newly-weds.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:37 pm

Thanks for the post and suggestions Bob. The setting for the wedding was a small fishing village in NL, Canada.

Ok-I'll go through it and concentrate on the smaller pics/background suggestions. I'm not sure what ocean background you are referring to as there are a few of them.

Do you mean the audio file towards the end? If so -yes it has a lot of meaning in our circle of friends, BUT I have looked and listened a hundred times and after each view I get the " should I or shouldn't I " keep it in. On the one hand I know most of the friend circle will get it while on the other maybe it detracts from the flow. Any thoughts?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:40 pm

Well ..... I wasn't sure why it was there. It didn't apply to the slide as I saw it. But again, if it makes sense to the bride and groom, then leave it in.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:46 am

Well..... went in to take a look and low and behold... "Content Removed".

~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:39 pm

Thanks again Bob. I had another look at it and used your suggestions and changed the ocean view slide. Here's the link to the remake and again I welcome your comments.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2524&alb=0

[quote]Well..... went in to take a look and low and behold... "Content Removed". [/quote]

Sorry about that alcain.Thanks to you also for your very constructive remarks about the first show I posted here and tried to keep it in mind while doing this one.

Cheers you guys.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback