Our Vacation

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
BamaMama

Our Vacation

Postby BamaMama » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:33 pm

This is my first post here. I have been doing slideshows as a hobby. I just wanted to share Our Vacation to Pigeon Forge. Let me know what you think of it and what I can do to make it better, when I do it for someone else. (I have done quiet a few.)
This was done before the upgrade to PSG 3. Thanks.

Here is the link:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2619023&alb=0

lostdutchman

Postby lostdutchman » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:33 pm

Jackie,

1) Welcome to the ProShow forum. I only started using ProShow (Producer) two weeks ago and I've found lots of help on this forum.

2) I'm sure you've shown this to your kids and husband, and I'm sure they were thrilled. It's a great way to remember family fun times.

3) I liked the map shot to establish where you went.

4) On most of your shots with panning or rotation they don't "hold" their final resolved position for a bit before transitioning to the next slide. One reason for movement is to get to a certain shot and to establish it. As a new user I'm not exactly sure how to do this (I'm doing a crash course in keyframing, where I think the answer is, at least in Producer).

5) The slides which had captions at the top and bottom were hard to read--the eye reads the top, then the bottom, then tries to focus on the photo, then goes back and tries to make sense of the caption with the photo........but by that time the slide has moved on to the next one. Captions should support or explain the photo in a complementary way, not compete with it.

Ken

Postby kaylef » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:18 am

Fun show, lots of upbeat music and beautiful family.

Thanks for posting!

I will look for your upgraded shows in PSP.

Kay

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:48 am

I realise you made this to show your nice family having a good time on their holiday. It'll bring back many happy memories. I like the map showing where you were, but I'd have liked to have seen some shots of the surroundings - but that is only my opinion! Thanks for sharing with us.

Lavina

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback