March 4th, 2007 and it still hurts. Please bear with me.

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Ann Coulter

March 4th, 2007 and it still hurts. Please bear with me.

Postby Ann Coulter » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:29 pm

Please view the show I created as a tribute to my sister. The trend in my family propper is to die long before you should. Cancer is a formidable monster. Someday we will overtake it, as it has taken so many family members I love/d. Life is never the same, but we go on. This forum gives me the outlet I need to grieve, learn and live. Sounds silly, but it helps. Thanks so much for watching. She was an unbelievable woman, and this is the least I can do. Love to All, Ann
Last edited by Ann Coulter on Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ann Coulter

Boy did I screw up

Postby Ann Coulter » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:41 pm

Wrong link, I'll try to fix!
Last edited by Ann Coulter on Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ann Coulter

Fixed the link

Postby Ann Coulter » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:53 pm

Sorry for the bad link, this should work better. Ann http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8991&alb=0

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

I am so sorry

Postby alcain » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:47 am

Ann,

It looks like from the photos that you two were together almost all of the time.
She is a very beautiful woman.
She could have been the sister of any one of us in this "family" forum, but she was yours. Ann, we are all grieving with you right now, and we are here for you whenever and however you need us. (I guess I can speak for the group ..)
Nice choices of music - the words say a lot.
She seemed to be smiling all the time.

You now have an album of "priceless photos" as well as a "priceless show" to remember her by. I lost my brother over 12 years ago and it still hurts to this very day. Perhaps if I had more photos and a memory show - it would certainly be of great comfort. Give yourself time and a chance to grieve. It honors both you and her to do so. It is a sign of love and respect.

We all love you... ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Ann Coulter

Postby Ann Coulter » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:01 pm

Al, Thanks for your kind words. It does take time to heal. This forum, all the great shows, the beautiful pictures are very helpful; but the feedback (good or bad) is the true medicine. I'm glad I joined this family. Everyone truly is helpful and very sincere. Thanks again, Ann

lostdutchman

Postby lostdutchman » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:04 pm

Ann,
My condolences. Your photos celebrate your sister's life--not her illness. Life is a gift. She lived surrounded by friends and family, that's obvious.

You are fortunate to have such great b/w photos from yesteryear. Pictures of my family from that era look like the film was from a Cracker Jack prize box.

Ken

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:14 pm

What both Ken and Al said !! One thing you might consider with your
B/W pix is to bump the contrast up a bit - it is amazing how much that
can help (as I rummage around in the box of old pictures). I understand
where you are coming from -- I got into this 3 years ago now when my
mom died and I put together a tribute to her - it is tough doing one of
those.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jerry Cole » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:47 pm

It's a tough time for you and all those who were close to your sister. I know that making the show brought back bittersweet feelings with every slide. We all mourn with you in your loss.

Cancer is a thief, trying to rob us of all we hold dear. I have experienced such loss. In the U.S. 1 in 3 people will have cancer in their lifetime!

Just this weekend I participated in the American Cancer Society "Relay for Life" in Alpine, California ... there were survivors of all ages in attendance, along with family, friends and just folks!

You have a great start for your memorial, and a priceless story to tell ... what a treasure house of photos.

We all have different preferences, but I prefer fewer transitions .... maybe A/B fades and then use well chosen others for emphasis of a specific slide or group of slides. Maybe I just get distracted easily, but I found so many transitions to be distracting. I know it's a real temptation to use the full catalog that PSG provides.

I join with the others in this venue to extend a hug ... Please know that we stand beside you in your time of grief.

Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Ann Coulter

Postby Ann Coulter » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:49 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. I will try the contrast settings. I have so many old pics. We grew up with my Dad buying one of the first Polaroids available. It is a blessing to have the pics, but they do need work, in the times we live now. Sorry to hear about the Cracker jack pics, One blessing I have in this is that I have so many pics it will be years until I can sort them all. Thanks and Hugs to all, Ann

BethS

I am so sorry

Postby BethS » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:52 pm

Hi Ann,

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Your show brought tears to my eyes. My sister is my best friend. Too bad we did not realize what we had until we were in our twenties. We have, however, made up for lost time. I know that life is short. Keep your memories close. They will comfort you.

Beth

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback