Demo#2 - Cool Moves & Cutouts

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Demo#2 - Cool Moves & Cutouts

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:04 am

Hi All

Haven't posted any of my new shows here for the past few weeks, but thought this might give newbies some more ideas. Another 'doing it my way', it's just on 3 mins duration but is not so 'instructional' as my Cubes demo.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 9533&alb=0

Lavina

cutout demo

Postby bernard » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:49 am

Hi Lavinia,

I just watched your show and it was terrific. Your captions read that you used Photoshop 7 and Producer. Being in PSG forum I take it for granted that it is in fact a PSG show. Am I wrong in assuming that it is a PSG show? I would like to do something similar and I don't know if it can be done in PSG.

Thank you,
Bernard

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:17 am

Hi Bernard

Thank for viewing the show.

You really had me going for a mo'!! Thought I'd made a most terrible gaffe and had mentioned Producer! So I watched the show again - no Producer, only ProShow, mentioned. Whew - big sigh of relief!!! The show was indeed made in Gold with virtually all the work having been done in PShop 7. So there's no earthly reason you can't do something similiar (no matter which photo editor you are using).

Goodluck
Lavina

cutout demo

Postby bernard » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:42 am

Ravinia, Thanks for your quick reply. I guess I am the one who goofed up and writing Producer. Sorrrrry. A lot of shows I viewed where in PSG Gold forum and when I tried to do some of the same things I could not because they were made in Producer.

Thanks again
Bernard

cutout demo

Postby bernard » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:43 am

Lavinia, Thanks for your quick reply. I guess I am the one who goofed up and writing Producer. Sorrrrry. A lot of shows I viewed where in PSG Gold forum and when I tried to do some of the same things I could not because they were made in Producer.

Thanks again,
Bernard

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:56 am

Hey Lavina - cool show !! I just sort of sat there and enjoyed
it - all fit together so nice (and so many hours of fiddling with
those keyframes too !). Great job.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jerry Cole » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:13 am

Lavina,
Your show is a "keeper" ... it was more instructional than most tutorials, more entertaining than most shows. I think I see how most everything was done in PSG and PSP. It kinda pulled some things together for me. I have been working on some of those same effects. The sound selection was just right for the show as well. Thank you.

For all of us Newbies, this is a perfect example of why this board is so good. The pros like Lavina are willing to help and provide a "next level" for us all.
Kudos,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:35 am

Lavina,

In PS7, what tool do you use to extract the cutout? For example, what was the workflow to cutout the motorcycle?

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:13 am

gpsmikey wrote:(and so many hours of fiddling with
those keyframes too !). Great job.

mikey

Since PSG doesn't have keyframes all those effects had to be done manually which makes this show all the more impressive. It must have taken quite some time to create the effects but the end result is wonderful. Great job Lavina!!

Barbara

cutout demo

Postby bernard » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:18 am

Hi ,

According to one of the reviews it reads, "Must have spent hours on keyframes". I am a little confused. Does PSG have keframes? This was done in PSG, per Lavinia. Please enlighten me .

Thanks,
Bernard

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:39 am

Nope, Gold does not have keyframes. My bad -- I forgot which
section of the forum I was in (this happens as you get older ... ).
As Barbara says, that makes it even more impressive done without
keyframes !!

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:26 pm

Very impressive indeed! ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:34 pm

gpsmikey wrote:........(and so many hours of fiddling with
those keyframes too !).
mikey

Hi Mickey

Thanks for viewing the show, am happy you liked it :)

All the hours of fiddling was done in Photoshop making the cutouts! - P. Gold doesn't have keyframes. I can't get my head round keyframes at all - or maybe I lack the patience to persevere?! I'll stick with Gold (at least for the time being!) even though it can mean using a lot more slides to get an effect I want.

Lavina

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Jerry Cole wrote:Lavina,
Your show is a "keeper" ... it was more instructional than most tutorials, more entertaining than most shows. I think I see how most everything was done in PSG and PSP. ..................................Jerry

Jerry.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm pleased if you found something helpful in it. There was no PSP involved in it - it was done strictly with PSG with all the 'hard' work having been done beforehand in Photoshop!

Lavina

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:55 pm

57Corvette wrote:Lavina,

In PS7, what tool do you use to extract the cutout? For example, what was the workflow to cutout the motorcycle?

Bob

Bob

Made a copy layer of the image. Then working on that just made a rough selection with the lasso tool round the cycle, then magnified and very close in fine-tuned the selection, feathered by 2, inverted image and cleared, then binned the layer at bottom of the layer stack. Nothing magical, just loads of patience!

Lavina

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback