Best private garden in Canada

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
LouiseH

Best private garden in Canada

Postby LouiseH » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:31 am

Hi, Put together a show of "Les Jardin de Quatre-Vents" - which is considered one of the best private gardens in Canada. It covers many acres and has a number of theme gardens. Hope you enjoy it. The garden is only open 4 days a year in the summer and you need reservations which are sold months in advance.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8896&alb=0

LouiseH.

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Such a shame...

Postby alcain » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:28 am

LouiseH,

First things first...
Awesome photography! (Nikon D200?)
Very appropriate music.
Tasteful transitions, zooms and pans.
Nice use of captions (even though I don't know what they said).

But, it is such a shame...
That these gardens are open for such a short time, as they are indeed one of the most beautiful I have ever seen.

A well done show.

Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby Jerry Cole » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:09 pm

Bravo!
The beauty of the gardens was really revealed by your great photography; the quiet dignity of the show put all into perfect synch. Even though I do not speak French, the simple captions enabled me to understand much of them (I think!). Thank you for a relaxing visit to a beautiful place.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:44 am

Louise,

Great photos of a truly lovely garden. It looks like a great way to spend the day. Nice job ........

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

LouiseH

Thanks

Postby LouiseH » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:48 am

Hi, Thanks for the comments. It feels good when you put a lot of effort into a show and it is recognized.

Al: The camera is a Canon Powershot...so the pictures are good but my husband's magic with Photoshop is what makes the pictures remarkable. I agree with you that it would be nice that the garden be open more often so more people can see but it is a private residence and when they do open it up all the money goes to a good cause so...

Jerry - It was fun to see that the french captions got you thinking and working it out...I'm sure you did a great job.

Bob - It is always a nice day when I'm surrounded with beautiful scenery.

Question: I have another show that I produced from the same trip - more beautiful scenery, another garden and some fun stuff with family. The music, the captions and the videos are all in French...so my question is - do you think it would be of interest even if everything is in French?

LouiseH

lostdutchman

Merci beaucoup

Postby lostdutchman » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:33 am

Wonderful job. Feeling of peace and tranquility. Thanks for sharing.
Ken

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

do you think it would be of interest even if everything is i

Postby alcain » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:29 am

do you think it would be of interest even if everything is in French?

That would only add more "Magic" to the show! Please post. Your shows are wonderful.

~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby mrkitzel » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi LouiseH

What a wonderfull show. The garden and the photgraphy make it show at its best. And this shows what a watchable show can be done with PSP.

Thanks for posting.

Steve.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:08 pm

An absolutely lovely show. What a truly beautiful garden. Your photography is superb. I loved the gentle flow of this show and felt I was actually there. I didn't mind in the slightest that the song repeated - it's a beautiful rendition of a very familiar song. Who is singing it? - it's a 'must have'! Well done - keep 'em coming.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

LouiseH

"My way"

Postby LouiseH » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:43 am

Hi Lavina, Just got back from a trip and saw your question on the singing artist that I used...it is Paul Potts. the winner of the "Britain has talent" TV show...a great talent discovered. He is signing A Mi Manera or as we know it "my way".

Thanks for the nice comments.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:40 am

Thanks Louise,

I never for a minute thought it was Paul Potts! He does have a superb voice and I've swithered a few times to buy his CD. Now I definitely will!

Good Wishes
Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback