Show for a friend

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Show for a friend

Postby burntb4 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:52 pm

My friend's father Charlie passed away this time a year ago at the age of 103. My wife and I are very close to her, her husband and family and were dear friends with Charlie.We plan to visit with them on the first anniversary of his passing. I did the eulogy at the funeral and now have created this short show that I want to give to my friend when I visit.I have no pictures of Charlie as a young man and had to go with what we had in an album. Charlie was a pigeon fancier all his life . He loved to raise racing pigeons and race them.

Your comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4680&alb=0

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

My observations

Postby alcain » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:45 am

burntb4, I usually "jump right in" so...

If you can, there is a better way to present a fairly long poem. PM me and I'll step you through it. Basically, what happens, is that the stanzas appear one at a time, allowing the eye to read the four lines, then the next four appear, then the next four, etc. It looks very nice as well.

The poem should fade out as the first song fades out.

Too bad about all of the photos that were cut out in irregular shapes. They might work better with a black background instead of the white.

The ending... The bagpipe song is beautiful and if you have all of it, don't be afraid to play it thru till the end, giving more time for the closing poem, and I would spend a bit less time on the credits screen, fading it away to a black screen at the very end.

But you know what, friends and family won't care about the items I have pointed out - they will love this show just the way it is. My job is simply to guide you in ways I feel are more standard and professional looking, and this I hope I have done.

This is a very nice tribute and a thoughtful gesture.

Blessings, ~al

————————
Notice: This review / comment / critique of your show is strictly my own personal opinion. I may visualize this show one way, and someone else will see it entirely differently. My comments and suggestions are only thoughts of how I might have done it differently, and are by no means, a statement of dislike for your work. You have a reason for doing the show the way you did, and I do respect and honor that. Please take my comments and suggestions with a grain of salt. If I have made a suggestion that you can use, then my review will be of some value. If I have made a suggestion that you do not agree with, then please just disregard this review. My only intent in reviewing shows on this user group is to provide users with another view / insight / and opinion. That’s what user groups are for. Please do not take this review personally, we are professionals and as such, are above petty bickering. Thank you for taking the time to read this review, and I thank you for sharing your work with all of us.
AB Cain
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:41 am

Thanks so much for your review,suggestions and critique. No fear of your comments being mis-understood or taken personally as I do appreciate good feedback which is exactly what you have provided.

There is a PM in your box regarding the poem structure.
:D

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback