Dreamland Show - Critique and Review

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Dreamland Show - Critique and Review

Postby alcain » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:39 am

First of all, please forgive me for posting the link to a show other than mine. But I felt that this show was important enough that everyone be given a chance to view it. It is not a "pretty" show. It is not a "makes you feel good" type of show. It is not a show for those who live in a fantasy world, protected from the sometimes harsh reality of life.

But it is a show about our world. Powerfully revealing the truth about people faced with less than perfect choices. Prople who choose each day from the less of the evils available to choose from. Prople who dream of a better way of life, but will never know it.

The music is masterfully appropriate. The images stark and revealing. The message unquestionably clear.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8145&alb=0

I always (and I mean always) say that a successful show must tell a story. This one does. Although it is a very long show, you sit there captivated by the music and the truthful imagery. This could be your country, your state, your city, your neighborhood. But the side of it we all turn our heads away from.

It is very close to a "masterpiece".

I have recieved a lot of messages from so many of you members of this forum telling me that you respect and look forward to my critiques and reviews. I always tell it like it is, truthfully, good or bad. And when I saw this show, forgive me, I just had to review it and post my thoughts about it. Remember, we are family. We do things for one another never to hurt, but to build up.

This show is about the side of the street we look away from, but should instead, see the truth.

Blessings, as always, ~al

————————
Notice: This review / comment / critique of your show is strictly my own personal opinion. I may visualize this show one way, and someone else will see it in an entirely different light. My comments and suggestions are only thoughts of how I might have done it differently, and are by no means, a statement of dislike for your work. You probably have a good reason for doing the show the way you did, and I respect and honor that. Take my comments and suggestions with a grain of salt. If I have made a suggestion that you can use, then my review will be of some value. If I have made a suggestion that you do not agree with, then please disregard this review. My only intent in reviewing shows on this user group is to provide users with another view / insight / and opinion. That’s what user groups are for. Please do not take this review personally, we are professionals and as such, are above petty bickering. Thank you for taking the time to read this review, and I thank you for sharing your work with all of us.
AB Cain
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Valued Member

Yes, this lady has got it

Postby Sigrid » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:36 am

thank you alcain,

because you brought another show by Gabriella to our attention.

Yes, her show does make one aware what contrasts there are on this planet, not just in Ottawa, Canada.
I live thousands of miles away and the same type of sights can be found here.

Gabriella, you gave us a photo story that every viewer can have his/her own thoughts on. Bravo !

I certainly wish Gabriella all the success as a working woman that she deserves.
It is certainly not the camera equipment that make her pictures what they are.

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

PLEASE POST REPLIES IN THE PSP AREA

Postby alcain » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:01 pm

Please post any further comments in the PSP area. This is the area preferred by Gabriella.

Thank you. ~alcain
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback