First Share

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Honorary ProShow PHD

First Share

Postby TinaJ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:27 am

Please be gentle, I'm still learning. Thanks to alcain for the gilligan inspiration! I may tweak some more but thought it was pretty good to start.
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 1844&alb=0
Tina J

kjohnsenwi

Postby kjohnsenwi » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:01 pm

There's no need to be gentle...you're doing a great job! Great song choices...well done all around.

thanks for sharing,
Kelly

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:11 pm

Tina,

Congratulations on your first post .. it was a fun show and looked like you had a great time on the trip. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby jeanc » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:35 pm

Tina,

Great show ........ loved your photos ........ I felt a part of your group! Great music.

Thanks for letting us enjoy your good times.

Smiles,
Jean

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi Tina,

Excellent photographs, with time to view them, good music...All in all an interesting and well done show.

Brenda

Postby lgerrish » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:19 am

Nice little video, brings back memories - thanks for sharing (I especially like MaryAnn!) :wink:

Postby ivalirene » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:27 pm

Nice work...that was fun to watch. Especially enjoyed the Gilligans I. music and matching of the characters. Beautiful sunset shot. Will always be a fun trip to look back on.

miarose59

Postby miarose59 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:22 am

Great job for a first show and music went well with slides as well.

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Review and Critique

Postby alcain » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:58 am

Tina, here are a few thoughts...

For your final cut, see if you can "jazz up" your title intro screen, it's easy to do and will look more "professional".
Great opening!
For the THUNDER effect, try this... Take the same lake scene and brighten it way up in a photo editor, or, find a lightening scene on the net. Put that picture right after the normal lake scene. Now copy BOTH of them in PSG. Next, paste right after the one you just inserted TWICE.. This will give you norm/light/norm/light/norm/light. Set the transition to CUT with zero time (for the cut) and the time for each to about .25 to .50 of a second except for the last slide, set it to 1 second. Then when you play the show, during the thunder scene - the illusion on your screen will be way cool to go with the sounds.
Looks like we both needed a "real live" professor :lol:
Second song fit nicely.
Looks like ya'll had way too much fun!
The two songs should crossfade instead of fading out Gilligan and entering the next song.
The ending kind of "just happened" I'd try to extend the time of that beautiful last slide by another two seconds, then crossfade into the last black slide for about 3 to 4 seconds to more gradually end the show. Maybe an (here I go, folks) ending caption...

Hey, no matter what I have pointed out, I LOVED the show! Great job. (But I am the Simon Cowell of the group, so I HAVE to be picky...)

Blessings, ~al

————————
Notice: This review / comment / critique of your show is strictly my own personal opinion. I may visualize this show one way, and someone else will see it entirely differently. My comments and suggestions are only thoughts of how I might have done it differently, and are by no means, a statement of dislike for your work. You have a reason for doing the show the way you did, and I do respect and honor that. Please take my comments and suggestions with a grain of salt. If I have made a suggestion that you can use, then my review will be of some value. If I have made a suggestion that you do not agree with, then please just disregard this review. My only intent in reviewing shows on this user group is to provide users with another view / insight / and opinion. That’s what user groups are for. Please do not take this review personally, we are professionals and as such, are above petty bickering. Thank you for taking the time to read this review, and I thank you for sharing your work with all of us.
AB Cain
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:07 pm

Tina

I enjoyed seeing this. You did real good with your first showing. Nice photos and superb choice for the music tracks. My thought - would be better if you smooth out the abrupt ending. Thanks for sharing.

Lavina

Honorary ProShow PHD

Took advice

Postby TinaJ » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:14 pm

and did some editing on my thunder pic, then added credits at the end. Can't add anything to the blank slide at the beginning because it's only 1 second in order to fit with the music. But it is infinitely better in my opinion. I've put it in my album and taken the other one out. Still can't get my background and title to stay if I leave and come back, and the only time I can set my title picture is when I ask it to create a dvd, at least so far!
Tina

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4443&alb=0

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Boy Howdy!

Postby alcain » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:19 pm

Tina,

Leave it just as it is with your new fixes. I thought you nailed it. Great job! ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:33 pm

Clever idea and imaginatively executed. Very good and gonna get better I bet!

:D

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback