Little Miss Firecracker - my 1st cube Lavina!

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Little Miss Firecracker - my 1st cube Lavina!

Postby jeanc » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:16 pm

This show was done for my granddaughter's 3d birthday. She has earned the name "Firecracker" so I came up with a show of her 2nd year with this theme. I am not happy with the way the end video clip of her is on the Photodex site. On all the DVDs and our computer's it is perfect. I have uploaded it many times to Photodex and it is still off by fractions. In this clip I trimmed it where she says "bye bye" but that doesn't come through if you watch it online. Just as well, I have decided to share it ........... especially since Lavina said she would like to see it.

Lavina, I only made one cube and it is at the end. Nothing fancy but it is a start.

Just under 9 minutes

BTW .......... the clip where she is singing is: "One, two, three like a bird I sing - cause you've given me the most beautiful set of wings". Camera shy and baby sing!

Was a hugh success at her birthday party. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=137524

Smiles,
Jean
Last edited by jeanc on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:19 am

Hi Jean

A nice variety of photos here. Liked the inclusion of the 'firecrackers', very apt for your little 'sparkler'! I think you made a lovely show for the family memories box. Can well imagine how much Avery et al enjoyed seeing it at her party. (I wonder what she will think of herself and her antics in a few years time!!!) It is a pity about the somewhat 'iffy' ending on-line, but no matter - Thank you for sharing it with us.

Am pleased you've got the 'cube' mastered. You've made one, so the next ones will be ridiculously easy!

Good luck

Lavina

kjohnsenwi

Great fun!

Postby kjohnsenwi » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:55 pm

Many of these types of shows can become boring to outside viewers (I know...I make a lot of this type, too), but not this one! The music was fun, the pictures were great, and your granddaughter is adorable! I really enjoyed it from start to finish!

Happy birthday to her!
Kelly

Thanks Lavina!

Postby jeanc » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:43 pm

Agreed, this was more for "family" and primarily for my little "Firecracker", Avery. The ending really is cute. Just wish I could have gotten it to come through on the website. Her inflection of "bye, bye" is really cute. (Is this granma prejudiced?) We know the answer to that question! Oh, well ------ thanks for taking the time to watch and making it to the ending to see the "cube".

Appreciate you my friend!
Jean

Thanks for watching, Kelly

Postby jeanc » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Glad you weren't bored. Didn't expect to get a lot of response on this one and that's ok. Just thought I'd show a little family fun.

I appreciate you taking the time to watch and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Smiles,
Jean

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:46 pm

Jean,

Cute show and a good blend of still photos and video. That little rascal looks like she really loves the camera .....nice job and thanks for posting.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby jeanc » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:43 pm

57Corvette wrote:Jean,

Cute show and a good blend of still photos and video. That little rascal looks like she really loves the camera .....nice job and thanks for posting.

Bob

Appreciate the feedback as always, Bob. Your last sentence is an understatement! She and her sisters were born with multiple cameras in their faces. None of them are camera shy. "That little rascal" also has a preference for music with photos, too. If we just upload and want to take that first look, she immediately ask for the music. She doesn't think there is any other way to view photos. She will sit and watch my videos over and over. If it isn't set to "loop" she says "again". Makes a GranMa feel mighty happy to see that!

Like your and everyone else's photos. Guess I'll have to send mine to Mike. Can I use an older one? Ha, Ha :lol:

Smiles,
Jean

Postby iromero » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:14 pm

Great show Jean. She is definitely not camera shy. I thought there was great use of multiple elements (video, masks, etc...) It kind of makes me want to do a video for my daughter... I'd only have to search through several thousand pictures. She also was born with a camera or two in her face!

Congratulations on a wonderful show.

God Bless,

Ivan

Postby jeanc » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:25 pm

Thanks Ivan! Know what you mean about going through thousands of pictures! That and sometimes music selection are what takes me such a long time. It is extremely difficult to weed out pictures. Between my daughter and I we have tons!!!

Hope you do one of your daughter ......... I'd love to see it!

Smiles,
Jean

Postby Jerry Cole » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:16 pm

Jean,
Terrific ... not just the show, but your grand daughter as well. She really plays to the camera ....and that red hair and smile..wow!

I have a 3-year old grandson who keeps us on our toes. Wonderful age! Their vitality and love of life shows in every fiber of their being.
(BTW - Loved the show too) I think you captured that vitality.

Technically there was lots here, and done well. It may well take a lot of different effects to "bottle" that energy.

Very intertaining and the pace was just right. I think it probably reflects her pace as well. What wonders these grands are! Your show was special, and I can tell all of your grands are just as special! You may have done the show just for family, but its style gives it very wide appeal. After all, there are a lot of Grandmas and Grandpas in this venue.

Thank you,
Jerry

ps: Too bad the last part didn't come through on the site .... we all got cheated!
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

That's a WOW show!

Postby alcain » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:58 am

Jean,

As Ed Sullivan would have said... "What a shew... What a shew!"

Nicely done, upbeat, captivating, and full of family love.

Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

lostdutchman

Postby lostdutchman » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:42 pm

Jean,
I'm a brand new PSP user (started last week). I couldn't watch your "Firecracker" show--must be problems with the ProShow servers or something.
But I did watch several of your other shows--"Hamburger Text Tutorial", "Maxwell Memorial" and "Mother's Heart" (not sure exactly of the names, but you'll know). Thanks for sharing your memories.
I really have a lot to learn before my shows will look like yours.
Ken

Postby jeanc » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:05 pm

JERRY - thanks for watching and I'm glad you liked it. Definitely was different for a little girl's birthday. But you are right about the pace and her vitality. This show is "so HER"! We enjoy all our grandchildren, but only have 8 within 20 miles. Others live out of state. Together we have 17! And we hope her hair stays red when she gets into her teens and beyond.

AL - As always, I REALLY value your compliments. You have such a "great" critical eye and I mean that in a good way.

KEN - Know what you mean about the "servers". Sometimes it takes me several tries before my upload to Photodex will go. Try again later when maybe there won't be so much traffic on the server. This show does have a few video clips so does take a little longer to load. Thanks for taking a look at some of my other shows and memories. And hey, don't sell yourself short. I bet you do a good job. I was really hesitant to upload my first show and thought I would get a record number of "do's and don' do's" - but you know what? I decided - so what? Isn't that what I want? If I want to get better this will only help me. These people here are such great leaders and teachers and they will gently help you as you learn. Don't be afraid to post a show. I still feel I have a long was to go to match up to what a lot of these people produce. But I also know - we are all artist - and we all have our own special talents AND the main thing about these shows is - if the people you do them for "rave" about them, then it is a good show.

Smiles,
Jean

Postby Jerry Cole » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:15 pm

Seventeen!!?? Holy Progeny Batman!!!
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:44 pm

That's not bad -- on the news just recently was the couple somewhere
in the midwest that just had their 17th child ... and she wants more !!!
(they're putting rabbits to shame !! )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback