Canada Day 2007

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Canada Day 2007

Postby burntb4 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:40 pm

Hi all. Just found this board and enjoyed reading your comments /suggestions. Here is a show I did in tribute to our flag and Canada Day. The music and songs are compliments of an old school chum. The show is as a series of images showcasing Canada from Vancouver Island to the island of Newfoundland .Hope you like it.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6252&alb=0

Postby kaylef » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:01 am

well i got goosepimples !! it was fabulous! being a new brunswick baby, it was very moving and the music was great. I really loved the "island to island" song ..it kept playing in my head. I almost got out the spoons to play!! (that wont make sense unless you're canadian i dont think ...haha)

thankyou for posting
Kay

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:09 am

Your welcome Kay.

It's my first post here and I left out when i posted that i would welcome a critique-(the good ,the bad) from the seasoned posters and users of PSG. :D

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:27 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'm not canadian but have close family living in Toronto and visit often.(just love Canada).
I enjoyed your slideshow (very patriotic) and you did a very good job. Did you take the photographs?
they were also very good. My one observation is there was too much zooming in and out,
some static 'photos would give the eyes a rest.

Brenda

Ann Coulter

Postby Ann Coulter » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Beautiful show. I am a newbie and on a learning curve, so hesitate to say much. I enjoyed the show greatly!

Postby errolpoole » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:45 pm

I took the opportunity to view the rest of your shows. Fantastic pictures and music! Since my wife is Canadian (Moose Jaw) and we've lived in Ottawa and Toronto, I especially liked your cross-country tributes and salute to veterans. If there is one thing that would make all your shows more appealing for me, it would be minimize and slow down the zooming as Brenda suggested. Other than that, keep up the great work and I look forward to your next show....LP

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:17 am

Thanks so much for the comments. The speed and zoom are what I will be working on for my next show.

Postby nannybear » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:58 pm

Excellent photos and other than the zoomong really nice show! Thanks for posting. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

alaskaninexile

Postby alaskaninexile » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Hi burntb4,
Enjoyed the show - I love travelogues and shows where the lyrics and photographs complement each other - and yours did a great job with both elements. Some spectacular photos. My only suggestion would be to give more careful consideration to placement of captions - for example, if caption on second slide (Ottawa) had been located justslightly up and to the right it would have been much more effective than having it block a portion of the statue and Parliament? Bldg. But great choice of songs. Loved it. And by the way, hope your fellow countrymen continue to keep the AlCan in good repair so that I can wend my way back to the 49th one of these days.
Alaskan in Exile

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

I agree

Postby alcain » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:47 pm

I agree with Alaskan In Exile - good points, my friend. ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback