China

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

China

Postby ivalirene » Fri May 11, 2007 7:30 pm

Have been enjoying this forum for some time. I have had PSG for about 18 mos. and produce most shows for my family or for my own enjoyment. I'd love some feedback from other enthusiasts as family always says everything is great...but I know there's lots of room for improvement. This show is about 4 min., shortened from the full version which is about 30 min. ( My sisters trip and she wanted to remember all of it.) I'm excited to finally jump in and test the waters. Thanks to all the contributors...you're great late night company! http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 1146&alb=0

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Fri May 11, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum,

What a wonderful and interesting trip that must have been. Nice choice of music, excellent photographs with time to
view & appreciate them. Where you did not use AB fades, I found it distracted from the photos...my personal
taste is to use other transitions only when the effect is useful to the image. Otherwise, a very well done demo...I would
like to see some more of this show.

Brenda

link

Postby ivalirene » Sat May 12, 2007 5:28 am

Thank you Brenda. Sending a link to the entire show, it is quite long but hope you enjoy it if you choose to watch. Appreciate your comment on the transitions. http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 1888&alb=0

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Sat May 12, 2007 6:24 am

Hi,

Thanks for the link, I did watch it all and enjoyed it very much...your sister will have memories to cherish.

Brenda

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sun May 13, 2007 2:12 am

A nice demo. Fine set of photos from what must have been an interesting journey and well put together with very apt music. Will make a point of viwing your complete show later, when time permits, am sure it will be most enjoyable.

Lavina

Gandalf001

Postby Gandalf001 » Thu May 17, 2007 2:30 pm

Really liked your China Demo, especially the 180 degree rotaion on the artist so that we could see his painting. It was of course natural to have Chinese music, but you had the pace of the photos/transitions nicely adjusted to that of the music.
I thought the more fancy transitions were not overdone and as only single example (in the demo anyway) did not really detract from the show, from memory I think there was one shot with a water scene that went through a rippling transition which seemded very apt.
Very enjoyable.
Pete

Postby ivalirene » Fri May 18, 2007 7:02 pm

Thank you for the approving comments. Appreciate your viewing the show.

Postby Jerry Cole » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:01 am

We took a 16 day trip to China in May, and lots of your photos look really familiar. It was very interesting to see a different viewpoint for the same subject matter. Did you encounter heavy fog/smog also? It was especially heavy on the Yangtze.

I enjoyed your show and I may post mine at a later date .... but as you know it is hard to condense China into one short, inclusive package. I have over 2 hours of shows for our trip (8-15 minute segments).

Thank you for posting such an enjoyable show.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

jerry

Postby ivalirene » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:03 pm

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for watching the show. I didn't actually go on the trip, my sister and her husband went.

I'll be looking forward to your show.

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Comments

Postby alcain » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:12 am

Hi, This is my standard review format. I type as I watch the show on monitor 2.

Nice opening.
Appropriate (and relaxing) music.
The slide with the text "Teracotta Warriors & Horses Museum" is almost unreadable due to the font used. I only know what it says because I stopped the show and backed up to that slide and squinted closely to my monitor. Maybe a more readable font. Generally, script fonts do not work well on broadcast media, and have a better place in the print media.
Excellent photography, but some of the images were a little "soft". (Don't imagine it was a Nikon :roll: )
Yes, I do have to agree that there were a few too many transitions.
The ending came rather abruptly.
But this is a neat show to watch, and to see another culture. I enjoyed it.

Blessings, ~al

————————
Notice: This review / comment / critique of your show is strictly my own personal opinion. I may visualize this show one way, and someone else will see it entirely differently. My comments and suggestions are only thoughts of how I might have done it differently, and are by no means, a statement of dislike for your work. You have a reason for doing the show the way you did, and I do respect and honor that. Please take my comments and suggestions with a grain of salt. If I have made a suggestion that you can use, then my review will be of some value. If I have made a suggestion that you do not agree with, then please just disregard this review. My only intent in reviewing shows on this user group is to provide users with another view / insight / and opinion. That’s what user groups are for. Please do not take this review personally, we are professionals and as such, are above petty bickering. Thank you for taking the time to read this review, and I thank you for sharing your work with all of us.
AB Cain
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback