Switch to full style
Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Post a reply

Raumati Beach walks

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Well it has been ages since I last did a show, I have been neglecting PSG and that is not good as I have almost forgotten how to do a show. I do hope you will view this, let me how I can improve this and any other comments would be welcome. Not doing anything from Wellington this year the place shakes too often (quakes) so maybe I can give you some new walks. This show is just under 3 min. long nothing offensive, the music is by Richard Clayderman. Enjoy and I hope it works because I still can't access my shows once they are posted.

http://www.photodex.com/share/penelope_1947/7km6pmg4

Penny

Re: Raumati Beach walks

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Hello Penny.

Good to see some action from you.
Some observations:
Watch your horizon, they're better straight.
To make a beach show more interesting take some close ups of the washed up bits of tree that usually show nice structures.
A close up of the sea splashing against a wall or rock, and of course maybe some nice seashells.
And get some shots of the dogs in action and splashing around, they'll love that. :)

Just my thoughts, I enjoyed Richard Clayderman and your new show. :D

BTW: We had some shakes too last time we were in Wellington -SCARY !!

Bill

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Thanks for your feed back Bill I will certainly use your comments on the next show. No more shakes at the moment. I never want to go through a 6.5 again it was scary and sitting watching my house move was something else.

Penny

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi Penny,

I don't know if anyone else is having a problem viewing your show :( When I click on the link and after buffering the menu screen comes up with the area to click on to view the show. For me nothing happens - the menu screen just sits there and the show does not start.

A disappointed Rosemary

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Rosemary, I have not had anyone else having the problem, except me. I can't view my shows once I have loaded them I am not sure what the problem is I shall copy and paste your comment on an e-mail to Photodex and ask them why this is. I should be able to view my own shows. But thanks for letting me know. I will get back to you as soon as I hear something.

Pennyh

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:38 pm

OK, if this is the one you are talking about in your post about not being able to view it, after clicking the "play" area, it sat there for almost a minute before it started here. I would assume it was not finished downloading before that (I can't find the silly temp folder icon I had on my desktop - time to make a new one - must have been in XP). Once it started, it played just fine - nice shots, but I have to agree with the comment about horizons ... I should know, I have had several folks point it out to me when mine were ready to let the water run out :twisted:

mikey

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi Penny and Mikey,

I got to watch your show :D Beautiful beach and great photography. Makes one want to go exploring again.
Mikey you were correct - I clicked on the menu and then went away for a while and pretty soon the show started! Probably something akin to the watched kettle never boiling.
Thanks for sharing Penny and for your sleuthing.

Rosemary

Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:11 pm

So glad you got to see it Rosemary I think looking back I have had the same problem with a couple of shows and am going to try Mikey's trick walk away for a while then come back.

Penny

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 pm

"A watched show never starts" :lol:

mikey

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi Penny,

I enjoyed your show. What a beautiful place for a bike ride or walk along the coast.

I had the same thought as Bill regarding having a little more variety by mixing in some closeups and detail shots with the landscape/seascape shots.

I didn't have any problem clicking on the show and viewing, but sometimes on shows I've had to right-click on the menu and select "Play" to get a show to play. I'm not sure what the difference is but it might be worth a try for you or anyone else that's having trouble.

Thanks for sharing your beach walk with us.

ginger

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:23 pm

After a careful analysis of the "play" problem with some very sophisticated engineering tools, I have come to the conclusion that it somehow involves the phase of the moon and which foot you are standing on :roll:

mikey

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:11 pm

I totally agree with you but it is also the way you hold your mouth when you are doing it. Thanks for all the help :lol:

Penny
Post a reply