Switch to full style
Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Post a reply

Fun in The Dunes

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:16 am

This is my first attempt to post a video on line so I'm anxious to get your opinions. This is a two song segment of a 20+ minute video that I made as a favor for a relative. I wanted to keep it in sync with the beat and pace of the music while keeping it upbeat and fun. This is the short version at 7 minutes and there is no objectional (or political) content. Granted it's missing credits and some of the finished frills since it's a segment of the complete video.

http://www.photodex.com/share/dzacco/bp2pcmg4

All opinions and criticisms are welcome.

Re: Fun in The Dunes

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:48 am

The Posting was successful Show ran fine.

I think it was lively and the handling of the transitions and motion was appropriate to the music. Some of the effects were really well timed with the music. ie. the stuttering of the music and the flashing of the image. I have no doubt that those that are interested in this activity or at this event will love the show.

As an outside observer I found it too long with many of the images being repetitive. For me Just too many dune buggies in the parking lot. I kept asking myself Did I see this image before ? The people shots needed some fill lighting. ie. all the horseshoe players are in the shade.

Potentially the subject matter has a lot going for it. Great Paint jobs, Color and Action some slow shutter speeds or panning might help here. a few close ups ie compositions of just fenders or chrome or instrument panels would break up the monotony or at the very least serve as background slides.

So much to shoot here makes me want to show up at the next event.

Keep at it

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Great job !! Fitted perfectly. Not sure about those dune buggies - anytime I see a dune buggy with a blown V-8, I figure that thing can bury itself in under a quarter second :lol: What was that first song ? I recognize it, but can't place it although for some reason Rodney Dangerfield comes to mind. Anyway, you did a very good job getting those images sync'd to the music beat and it fit the show perfectly.

mikey

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Thank you for the feedback. The first song is the theme from Caddy Shack "I'm Alright" and the second is Darude "Sandstorm". I wish I had the opportunity to bury one of those 750hp sand rails but unfortunately all I got to do is put together the video.

pixelpusher2010,
The show was specifically for the people attending the event and they wanted a number of songs and furnished the photos, 280 to be specific. The complete show is a compilation of three years and there was really only one year where they had a dedicated photographer (and helicopter pilot). I really should have PP'd more of the pictures myself. The intention was for the video to be looped continuously on a big screen TV at the next event so the length and repetition of basically the same scene wasn't an issue. I like the idea of a more diversified and creative shots. Maybe like you said with fender close ups and maybe some reflections off the chrome. The full video included a lot of golf pictures and I tried to include one shot or everybody. That's a lot of pics.

Thanks again for the feedback. Maybe next time they'll invite an amateur videographer.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Ah, that was it !! No wonder I kept thinking of Rodney Dangerfield associated with that song :lol:

mikey

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Loved the show and the music that went with it. thanks for sharing

Penny
Post a reply