Zoo Show - Tampa Florida

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Zoo Show - Tampa Florida

Postby mcdonto » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi Everyone,
I haven't been sharing a show in a long time. I got a new camera before Christmas and took it to the Tampa Lowry Park Zoo in Dec. to practice with it. Haven't been at this zoo since both my boys were toddlers (both are over 20 now). So, I put this show together with some of the pics that actually came out. Hope you enjoy the show. I plan to return as it is a beautiful Zoo and didn't get pics of all the animals....but can't wait to return.

http://www.photodex.com/share/SugarBaby721/mcm9cmg4

Tonya :D

Re: Zoo Show - Tampa Florida

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:00 am

I like it, however there are a couple of issues I see. The first one (most curious as they say) - your intended show was only about 5 minutes long, HOWEVER, the actual show is 10 minutes - the last 5 minutes (at least in my viewer) are a black silent slide :shock: The second issue was with a number of the images at the early part of the show. I had been going to say they were over-exposed by about a stop, but when I grabbed a copy of the one of the giraffe and zebras, I realized (at least for that one), a big part of the problem was you were shooting through glass and the reflection and ambient light caused a problem. If you have Photoshop, much of that is easy to fix - you open the image, go to "levels adjust" and you will usually find either the white point or black point is wrong (in this case, the lower 20% of the image had no useful data - moving the black point up to the bottom of the data helped quite a bit. A polarizer can really help with reflections, but when shooting through glass or plastic, you have to make sure it doesn't cause more problems - it will also show stress patterns in the glass/plastic (you will see it in the viewfinder) but it is worth having one with you to see how it works. Anyway, I liked it, but the last 5 minutes were pretty boring :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby mcdonto » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks Mikey,
This is my first pictures using my new camera at the Zoo. I need to get some practice and I have a lot to do to get better and take your much needed suggestions. I don't have Photoshop and, the last pics were boring I have to admit. I will be returning to take more practice pics...I will invest in a polarizer...,thanks so very much for your comments :)

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Did you figure out why there was the additional 5 minutes of black on the end of the show ? It ended normally, but I noticed that it was only 1/2 way through playing according to the play bar on the bottom and it indicated there was about 5 minutes remaining. If you are interested, the March 2012 issue of "Outdoor Photographer" has a reasonably helpful article on using a polarizer. It isn't the "cure all", but it can really help with some types of shots.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby obeeone » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:01 pm

G'day Tonya

Good to see a couple of interesting places in Australia got a mention on the "distances to" pole photo. Like Mikey said you have a 5 minute blank black slide at the end of the show.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback