Beach (if you like walking on the beach)

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Beach (if you like walking on the beach)

Postby Penny47 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:31 pm

OK so I was not going to do any more shows till I had somewhere new. But it seems this is going to take sometime. so I have taken various beach walks and put them into one. Mainly because at the moment I can only walk on the beach at the moment. Had an accident at 4 am Tuesday when I walked into our bedroom door and gave myself 2 black eyes a very sprained toe (so you see can't wear shoes for walking) Anyhow I love walking on the beach with no shoes. Hope you enjoy this one and any comments are welcome. Sorry about the lousy weather except I think for one day.
The show is not long only a few minutes.
Penny

http://www.photodex.com/share/penelope_1947/d4p9cmg4

Site Admin

Re: Beach (if you like walking on the beach)

Postby MG - Admin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:07 pm

Penny:

I enjoyed the show, but something was bothering me. It appeared that most, if not all, of your photos could have been cropped to fit the 16:9 ratio your show was created with so you wouldn't have the black bars at the sides of the images. In most cases you would just be losing some sky, or other items that wouldn't be missed. I think it would make the show more visibly appealing.

Hope you're feeling better.

Mike

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks Mike I will try it again and see if I can work it I was bothered by the black on each side but thought it was just part of the way the show went. Yep getting better every day now. Thanks

Penny

Esteemed Member

Postby Mac » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 am

I'm with you Penny: I've yet to make a single 16:9 show :shock: And don't worry: Mike is probably one of those people who watches 4:3 television stretched to 16:9 so he doesn't have to see the black bars :twisted: :lol:
PSP 0.1
Kaypro 8086 4.77Mhz CPU, 728Kb memory, dual 5.25" high density floppies
Windows 1.0, Windows Paint
Kodak Pocket Instamatic 60 with Magicube
Model E-41 Ditto Machine

Honorary ProShow PHD

Beach (if you like walking on the beach) - 2nd Cut

Postby Penny47 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:29 pm

OK I think I fixed it right this time. Thanks Mike. I hope this one looks better I think it does. I took the other one off. Please enjoy this one.
http://www.photodex.com/share/penelope_1947/4pp9cmg4

Penny

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey Mac, it was not as hard as I thought it would be give it a try. OK. Let me know how you go.

Penny

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Penny:

That looks much better. :D

Mike

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Mac wrote:Mike is probably one of those people who watches 4:3 television stretched to 16:9 so he doesn't have to see the black bars

Actually, I prefer the black bars over a stretched or distorted image. They have their place, but I think in shows like Penny's they aren't necessary because the images can be cropped appropriately to maintain the widescreen format without losing anything important. I think you'd agree that her revision is more pleasing to the eye. :D

Mike

Postby Bart_B » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi Penny,

Thanks once again for sharing another slice of the gorgeous place you call home!!! I both love and miss the ocean. Born and raised on the Pacific coast in Oregon but that was long ago. Closest ocean now according to Mapquest is 788.56 miles so I don't get to see it often :D And I'm with Mike on 16:9. A show done in 16:9 is much more enjoyable than 4:3. There are instances where 4:3 is preferable, I just have never seen one however :lol:

Thanks for sharing and don't pick any more fights with walls. They always win................

Bart

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi Penny,
I LOVE the beach so your show was a just what I needed on this cold, dreary Texas day. Smile. You grabbed some interesting shots. And I sure wish I was on that boat heading out. Thanks for sharing and hope you are feeling better.

Hugs, Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Postby Anna J » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Penny,
I watched the first 4x3 version and have to agree the 16x9 version is more pleasing. I'm with Stephanie ... wish I had a beach to walk on on this cold, dreary, Tennessee day, but like Bart, the closest one is many miles away.
Looking forward to your next walk.
Anna J
Anna

Postby pixelpusher2010 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:44 pm

I just watched a number of your " walking shows " & liked em all The music choices was just what i needed today
As a side note I live at the beach & that sand is just too hard to walk on

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Anna J I have always lived near a beach most of my life could not imagine not being able to get there and going for quick walks. I shall see if I can find some of the beaches we walked on as teenagers with my Dad we lived for those walks. glad you enjoyed the show (2nd version).

Pixelpusher, our sand is kinda hard but not as hard as the pavements, so that is why I enjoy walking there and at the moment as I can not put on my walking shoes walking barefoot is the way to go. My music choice is always chosen for me. I am a great lover of piano music of almost any kind. It is time I found some new ones though :-) Thanks for watching.

Penny

Esteemed Member

Postby glyn53 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Great show. I live next to the beach and wouldn't change it for anything - walk the beach every morning.
Enjoyed your show.

Glyn

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:23 am

A nice show, thanks for sharing. Personally I hate widescreen as it necessitates severe cropping of our photos to avoid horrid distortion, but in this case your shots are most suited, yeah enhanced, by the cropping. Nicely done - and apt music track.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback