Switch to full style
Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Post a reply

Sunday morning walk

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Today we went for a walk along the Waikanae River but on a different side. One is able to walk on all 4 sides. Today however I only walked for 40 min. as I found walking for a hour the other day was just too much for me. Please note the show is about 3 -4 minutes long and about 6.9MB there is no video and the music is played by my old music teacher who lives in South Africa. He taught me when I was a teenager. (Oh wow that is a long time ago). Anyhow enjoy the walk. And any comments are welcome. The weather as you will see was not that great.

Penny

http://www.photodex.com/share/penelope_1947/gbw8cmg4

Re: Sunday morning walk

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Penny,

It's good to see you back so soon with another show! BRAVO :wink: I loved the show and the music was absolutely wonderful. I was watching the composition of your photography, very, very nicely done. Great depth of field and absolutely everything is sharp as a tack. Out of curiosity, being a fisherman myself, New Zealand has a reputation for having trout as big as my leg in a lot of rivers. Would your river be one of them??

The only things from a criticism standpoint that I would talk about would be applying styles to your photographs. First though the styles and transitions you chose were well thought out, were tasteful and worked well with the photos and the music. I would suggest trying not applying a style to every photo though. You don't need to because your photography is good enough to stand on its own, so let your photography be the star fairly frequently then intersperse with styles to add flavor and zing to the show. That way your best photos shine in their full screen glory and the styles then add spice and variety!! Then the last thing would be just to tweak the timing going into the ending so that the photos and motion end with the music which creates the feeling of a complete show that felt like it truly ended. Hope that makes sense :)

Hope to see the results of another walk soon. Your home is gorgeous!!

Bart

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi Bart,
Thank you so much for your info on my show and I will try not to use too many transitions and will put the photo's on their own more. Now in regard to trout no this river does not have any, its too close to the ocean, and now days in NZ there are not that many large trout any more. I shall try hopefully before winter (if not this summer then for sure next summer) taking a trip to Taupo where they do a lot of trout fishing and will visit the trout farm so I can do a show about them :-) My husband says over here big trout are like big foot and yeti's now days :-)

Penny

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Really nice work. You have some lovely images and for me they are well good enough to warrant leaving some of them static on screen for a few seconds. In other words I think it's better not to have movement on every slide. The music was great too, most suitable. My only tiny concern, is that it would be nice to have a definite END on the last slide, and perhaps 'credits' - but that is only my humble opinion :). I enjoyed the walk.

Lavina

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks Lavina, I am slowly learning the do's and don'ts and will get it sorted eventually :-) My latest show I think I got the music right then forgot to put the details of the song on. I will have to look that up and sort it :-)

Penny
Post a reply