Conwy

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Conwy

Postby shaw » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:43 am

I made this 7 MINUTE show from pictures taken on a recent visit to the medieval walled town of Conwy, which lies on the North Wales coast. The castle dates from 1287, and lies above the harbour. Conwy Mountain is a large upland rural area giving spectacular views of the coastline below.

For the background music, I have used a welsh male voice at the beginning of the show. I try to avoid too many gimmicks.

I welcome your comments on both the photography and the production. I feel a little disappointed if I do not get feedback !!

The link is:

http://www.photodex.com/share/shaw/9mxb9mg4

Re: Conwy

Postby trulytango » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 am

Great photos, Michael... and very nicely presented!

It's years since I've been there... you photos brought back some memories for me. :D
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby debngar » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:19 am

What a delightful place with lots and lots of great photo ops and colorful subjects. I think the first castle shots and the wild horses at around 2:50-2:59 were my favorites.

Only nitpik I have might is related to the captions. I'd choose a white with drop shadow instead of the flat black and change the caption transition in/out from none (cut) to fade in/out. But that just my style as I'm partial to using white instead of black or other colors. It works ok on most anything except on the lightest or busy backgrounds which is the reason to include the shadow. In some cases, an outline is needed to make it stand out further. Inserting a contrasting 20% opacity layer of black beneath the caption, sized to fit, works too but it's not as nice looking IMO. Also wonder about the contemporary font choice, thinking maybe there's something else that would fit your wonderful quaint images. Sometimes in my hurry to create a show, I don't always find a good font fit or think of creative caption effects to enhance the display.

I appreciated the simple display of your images so I could easily focus on them instead of effects that distract.

Loved the choice of the male Welsh choir too for the background music too.

Thanks for sharing. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby glyn53 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:56 am

Beautiful photos and I love the music. It looks a wonderful place and love the pictures of the horses. A great slideshow.

Glyn

Valued Member

Postby pat362 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Very nice! Loved the photos, loved the music, loved the gentleness of it all. I went there when I was around 12 years old but don't remember it being so beautiful.

Postby shaw » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:24 am

debngar wrote:What a delightful place with lots and lots of great photo ops and colorful subjects. I think the first castle shots and the wild horses at around 2:50-2:59 were my favorites.

Only nitpik I have might is related to the captions. I'd choose a white with drop shadow instead of the flat black and change the caption transition in/out from none (cut) to fade in/out. But that just my style as I'm partial to using white instead of black or other colors. It works ok on most anything except on the lightest or busy backgrounds which is the reason to include the shadow. In some cases, an outline is needed to make it stand out further. Inserting a contrasting 20% opacity layer of black beneath the caption, sized to fit, works too but it's not as nice looking IMO. Also wonder about the contemporary font choice, thinking maybe there's something else that would fit your wonderful quaint images. Sometimes in my hurry to create a show, I don't always find a good font fit or think of creative caption effects to enhance the display.

I appreciated the simple display of your images so I could easily focus on them instead of effects that distract.

Loved the choice of the male Welsh choir too for the background music too.

Thanks for sharing. :D

Debbie, thanks for your helpful comments. I have noted you remarks re. captions. I will try this with my next show.
Mike Shaw.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:41 pm

nice show Mike. i've never been to the area but you've certainly whet my appetite with your lovely photos of the beautiful scenery.

regards

Steve

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback