New Vintage Styles

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

New Vintage Styles

Postby fortemac » Mon May 09, 2011 7:42 pm

I love the new vintage styles. As a genealogist and avid family photo collector, it was right up my alley. Here are links to two of my latest shows using these styles:
http://www.photodex.com/share/fortemac/4g6w9mg4 The George Wade Family (4:31) and http://www.photodex.com/share/fortemac/7g6w9mg4George & Maggie's Eight Children (4:30).

There shouldn't be any offensive material in either of them.
Cyndy

Re: New Vintage Styles

Postby tdew » Tue May 10, 2011 3:34 am

Wonderful! That was the perfect use for the new style pack. Thank you for showing us.

Postby ginger » Tue May 10, 2011 5:52 am

Loved it!

I wasn't that taken with the new style pack when I first viewed it, but your show was a perfect use for them, and now I'm reconsidering. Even your photo creases looked like they belonged. :D Loved the music choices too.

Just curious, did you adjust some of the colors to black & white and sepia to match the oldest photos, or were all of them already in those tones?

Very, very nice!

ginger

Postby fortemac » Tue May 10, 2011 8:05 am

I think the different colors came from how I scanned the photos. Some of them were scanned long ago in a color photo setting with an older scanner. The ones that were black and white were scanned recently. I didn't bother matching the tones in PhotoShop as I liked the effect.
Thanks!
Cyndy

Postby ginger » Tue May 10, 2011 9:59 am

Hi,

Thanks for the info on the colors. I liked them too. I wasn't implying they should match. I was just wondering if any of them were originally color photos that had been desaturated or colorized to a sepia tone.

Again, nice work!

ginger

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Tue May 10, 2011 11:12 am

Hi Cyndy,
Love it! You are abuntantly blessed with so many old family photographs. I bought this pack as well and your show was a great inspiration. Thank you for sharing a bit of family history (I love genealogy) with us and creative ways utilizing Vintage Styles. Good work!

Hugs, Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Postby trulytango » Wed May 11, 2011 12:15 am

Hi... nice use of the new Vintage pack, you are indeed fortunate to have such an archive of photos to use. I did enjoy the shows but at times felt that some images weren't on screen long enough.

Thanks for posting!
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby tdew » Wed May 11, 2011 3:19 am

While I didn't notice that the screen time for the pictures was too short, that's probably because they weren't photos of people I knew. I think one of the problems that comes with showing the old photos is that as we work on the show, we get soooo familiar with the pictures that we don't want to bore people or have the show drag. We need to remember that the audience may not have ever seen these pictures before. They may get caught up in how someone looked at a certain time or in the scenery in the background.

The only thing I noticed in the first show that I wouldn't do if it was my show, was the military picture that is only partially on screen. I really don't understand that style at all. It seems unfinished to me.

Postby bigsewed » Wed May 11, 2011 7:08 am

Great use of the new styles...

Postby fortemac » Wed May 11, 2011 11:00 am

Thanks for the feedback!
Cyndy

Postby TC Time » Wed May 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Thanks for sharing the new vintage styles...my kids got me this one for Mother's Day and I'm anxious to put a show together. I may have to rescan my old photos but feel fortunate to have them as I may not be so fortunate with the 5+ years of digital photos that I have stored on an external hard drive that won't boot. Anyway, I will agree with some of the others that some of your photos popped in/off the screen too quickly. I love old photos, whether or not I know the people, and like to get a good look at them :wink: ~TC
TCTime

Valued Member

Postby V.B. » Thu May 12, 2011 10:51 am

Hi Cyndy,

I enjoyed watching both of your shows and liked all the old photos. They were all great. When I look at old photographs like these, it really makes me appreciate how easy life is for us today. Thanks for sharing!

-Vic B.

Valued Member

Postby pat362 » Sat May 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Very interesting shows - loved them both. I must to get this style pack, though I think my mother has thrown all of our old photos away!

Pat

Valued Member

Postby mcdonto » Thu May 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi Cyndy,
Very nice job...I totally loved watching what you put together. I love this new style pack...I plan on putting my mom & dad's pics together using it. Nice song & great putting the pictures to the music...I haven't watched your second show but if it's as good as this one, I'll be making another another very good comment :-)

Tonya

Valued Member

Postby mcdonto » Thu May 19, 2011 7:11 pm

I'm already making a great comment on your second show....you are sooo very talented. Loved both shows..the old pictures are awesome and how you put them
together with a great choice of music too. Keep up the good work ...you have been a role model for me (gives me some ideas) and...totally LOVED IT...thanks for sharing :D Tonya

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback