Not Your Normal Slideshow

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Not Your Normal Slideshow

Postby smunited » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:28 am

Hi Everyone, this is Not Your Normal Slideshow is 4:15 seconds long. It doesn't contain anything offensive. This show was prompted by a challenge. Take one (or two) pictures and make a short show. I am looking for General Feedback, you don’t have to write more than “I Liked”, or “Pass”... also, don't turn the volume too high, when the music kicks in it is loud!

Thanks, Sandra
http://www.photodex.com/share/SFiedler/9g4c9mg4

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Not Your Normal Slideshow

Postby stickgirl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:30 am

Well, that certainly wasn't what I am accustom to seeing in the forum. But you know what, I liked it. I would have never thought of using a Led Zepplin song, but it worked. The show was a tiny bit too long for me. I wish you would have posted your picture at the end of the show.

Nice job Sandra! :)

Kathy

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks Kathy, I'm sure it went on for a few slides too many. But I was just having so much fun I didn't want to stop! As I mentioned this was in response to a challenge from a fellow slide show enthusiasts, so the idea was to do something different! As to a picture of me (I think that is what you are referring too, check out my other show "Nice to Meet You". There are a few pictures of me at the end!

I will look for your shows... thanks for watching, but more importantly, thanks for taking the time to respond!

Sandra

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:14 am

smunited wrote: As to a picture of me (I think that is what you are referring too, check out my other show "Nice to Meet You". There are a few pictures of me at the end!

I actually meant the picture you used in the show. Hopefully I didn't miss it!

smunited wrote: I will look for your shows... thanks for watching, but more importantly, thanks for taking the time to respond! Sandra

Don't spend time looking. I haven't done a show in a couple of years.

I will watch your other show a little later.
Kathy

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:37 am

It would help if I could read! The actual picture untouched is in my other slide show as well.... good way to trick you into watching another show (hee hee)... it is called "Creative Expression". I was practicing focus stacking, and got this slightly blurry image of the flower...

Thanks Sandra

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:54 am

I thought it was a little bit too long and the show moved too slowly.
It was an unorthodox choice of music but it fitted in nicely. working with a single or limited photos makes the job harder. You have used the correct styles to show details of the pics at its best.
I liked it.

I have watched your other show and I have to compliment you on your photography. I liked the intro music. I have to find time to watch the rest of your shows.
pd

Addendum;
I just realised that I had commented on your previous show. I think the new title will attract more viewers.
regards.
pd

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks PD... this show really was done just for me to respond to a challenge. I hadn't even intended to post it, but was persuaded... I am really trying to learn the in's and out's of the software. The mechanics. That way when I get an idea for a show I will have the technical skill to back it up...

It really is a fun medium. Somewhere between still photo's and a short film.... that is how I am using it...

I agree that the show could have been shorter, but my initial goal was defined by the challenge. To use one (or two photo's) and to try to use Gold's show styles in a way that they aren't instantly recognizable.... I really tried to let my imagination go a litle crazy... no rules, no limitations. That's how those happy accidents can happen. You figure out how to do something you didn't know could be done!

Sandra

Postby TC Time » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:00 pm

It really is a fun medium. Somewhere between still photo's and a short film.... that is how I am using it...

I agree with you here Sandra and it really is fun!

I agree that the show could have been shorter, but my initial goal was defined by the challenge. To use one (or two photo's) and to try to use Gold's show styles in a way that they aren't instantly recognizable.... I really tried to let my imagination go a litle crazy... no rules, no limitations. That's how those happy accidents can happen. You figure out how to do something you didn't know could be done!

I thought this was a great idea. Maybe this should be a challenge topic sometime. What a great way to focus on learning the capabilities of this program!
Thanks for sharing another creative and inspiring show.
TC
TCTime

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:14 pm

TC, I am always up for a challenge!!! It takes you out of your comfort zone and forces you to use your creativity... thanks for taking the time to watch ... and to comment. I really do appreciate it. I am on this forum to connect with other "slide show" enthusiasts... my family and friends are great but they aren't as "enthused" as me... hee, hee...

Sandra

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Sandra

Well you have certainly made something different. Slow moving certainly, but I think it added to the suspense of what would happen next! Thought the music was apt. Keep going with your creativity.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Postby eastpoint22 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Sandra
Just a quick note to say I Really enjoyed your show and didnt think it was either too long or slow and I thought the Led Zep song went well with your "Trippy" graphics.
Thanks for Sharing
Trevor/ Eastpoint

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks Trevor, it was fun to do!!!

Esteemed Member

Postby momsquad » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:44 pm

I "Liked"

Fun and different. Good music for the effects.

momsquad

Postby Jerry Cole » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Peace Sandra,
I think I have seen this show before ......in the 6o's in Haight-Ashbury ...If I remembered it clearly I couldn't have been there!
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:03 pm

Thanks Jerry, that was the demographic I was aiming for!!!

Thanks momsquad! I too am on the squad!

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback