Not Your Normal Slideshow

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Re: Not Your Normal Slideshow

Postby Bart_B » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:52 am

Sandra,

You're journey continues to delight and amaze me! I've watched this show several times and what you've done with one Photo and in Gold no less, simply amazes me!! You are pushing Gold to it's limits, you're going to be dangerous when you get your hands on Producer. You took one photo and made an amazing show. The slowness was the mystery, the tease, the seduction. The pace is what pulls you in and works on the eyes, ears and mind.

I am glad you shared this. It's amazing :lol:

Bart

Postby drury » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi there, I am always interested in how one gets permission to use music that is copyrighted. Can you help in letting us know how you got the OK. Cheers, Derek

Postby Bart_B » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Derek,

Just happened to see your post and I happen to know the answer. She married the composer/artist.

Bart

Postby drury » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Bart - Thanks for the reply - it helps if you know them! Cheers, Derek

Esteemed Member

Music Issue

Postby smunited » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Thanks Derek, and yes Bart is right.... so far I haven't had to deal with the issue! My family is full of singer/songwriters... I use alot of my husband Id's music...

Hi Derek, I didn't look closely at the show you were responding to... sorry about that. This is the first show that I have done that doesn't use a family members music... I actually used a song from Led Zepplin for this show. I am not sure of the laws in the UK, but my husband (being a song writer himself) says that it is usually okay to use a song for personal use, just make sure that you give credit to the artist.

There is no money exchanging hands with the shows I am posting to the forum. My shows are not for sale. The rules change if your shows are done for a commercial purpose. Then you need to find either royalty free music, or get the appropriate "Sync License". You can also sometimes get permission from the artist, or go to a site like "Pod Cast Alley" and get a creative commons license.

My husband is going to look for a site that explains this issue more clearly. I live with him and I still get confused....

Hope this helps, Sandra

Thanks for taking a boo! Sandra

Postby drury » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:52 am

Hi Sandra - Thanks for your detailed reply. Also had one from Mike the Admin man who pointed me to 'music discussion.' Really liked your show and shows what can be done with imagination! Cheers, Derek

Postby weldr » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:58 pm

I liked! I'm of a product of the Zepplin era! Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi Don, thanks for taking a look... and as to era, is there any other?? You either listened to Zeppelin or to music influenced by them! Sandra

Postby plehmann » Sat May 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Loved it, music and images both. Very cool.

Peter
Canon 7D, Canon DPP, Photoshop CS6

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Sun May 08, 2011 7:29 am

Thanks Peter, it was a fun exercise to do... Sandra

Postby GregGp » Mon May 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Hello Sandra,

Had to watch the show twice to take in the full effect, the second time I closed the door, turned off the lights, and cranked the music up! The only thing missing was the sound of the needle riding across the lp to bring me back to my youth and led zep era. Great concept to create a show using 1 photo and your use of ps gold demonstrates that you dont need all the bells and whistles to create a beyond the norm slide show. Barts right again, you could be dangerous with ps producer! Thanks for sharing your vision, look forward to seeing more shows through your lens!

Greg
GregGp

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Mon May 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks for taking a look Greg, I really had fun doing this show. It was a fun way to stretch my mind, my photograph and the program...

Sandra

If you are interested I have posted a new show that is called "Ice Flowers"... again a little bit of experimentation. This time with the photo end of the process!

Postby eastpoint22 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:59 am

Whooo..Trippy Man :o)
Loved it .

Previous

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback