Nice to Meet You

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Nice to Meet You

Postby smunited » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:35 am

Hi Everyone, I have a new show to share. It is 7:06 minutes long and there shouldn't be anything in it that offends anyone. I am looking for general feedback, but be as specific as you like. I am working on learning the finer details of ProShow Gold. Trying to slow things down, learn to use background layers and more subtle pan and zoom motions. I have a great mentor that has helped me... thanks goes out to him!!

Here it is:

http://www.photodex.com/share/SFiedler/dcw99mg4

Sandra

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Nice to Meet You

Postby Lavina Molnar » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi Sandra'

Yes, nice to meet you! I like the way you have told your story, thoughtfully and creatively. Nice easy going pace. You have some lovely photos - wish there had been more! But that's the way it should be - leaving people wanting to see more! Reckon you are doing jolly well with your Gold. I look forward to seeing your next show.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Thanks Lavina, I appreciate you taking the time to watch. The show is longer than I normally do but the subject just took longer to explore... Don't worry, I have lots of pictures, you will get to see more in the months ahead...

I am new to this forum, and new to sharing my work with people I don't even know... so I was trying to bring some friendship into the space. Usually we do shows for our family and friends mainly... it is easier to share if you know something about your audience... and they you...

Plus it was a good way to explore some of the deeper levels of Gold. There are menu layers deep below what you first see... it is fun to learn how to us them.

Sandra

Postby Bart_B » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:37 am

Sandra,

I don't know where to begin here. First given the quality of this show, I'm shocked that you've received only one comment! Your show deserves more than that! :D

You've come a long ways in a couple weeks since your first show. This show features some absolutely wonderful photography showcased artistically, tastefully and thoughtfully. You are doing things with Gold that many Producer users would be hard pressed to accomplish. There is one effect you accomplished with the black and white rose sequence that I would have thought impossible with Gold and I've no idea how you pulled it off! I loved the concept of your show. It is nice to meet you! I thought your use of captions, both in style and motion was extremely well done. I thought your use of motion and styles throughout the show was restrained, captivating and most tasteful. I absolutely can not wait to see what you do in your future shows and especially someday when you have the power of Producer to truly showcase your artistic talents!!

Thank you for introducing yourself and for sharing your work. I can't wait to see your next project.

Bart

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:50 pm

Thanks for your comments Bart... I joined the forum to get feedback, so am unsure where I am going wrong...
that being said, I consider my joining a success because I have connected with people who have really shown kindness and invested a great deal of their time to teach me the finer points of the Gold program... Even if I decide not to post any more shows on this forum I know I have made a lifelong friend!

Sandra

Postby TC Time » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi Sandra,
I agree with Bart...well done!
Please don't feel as if you are going wrong in some way with the lack of feedback. People have a variety of reasons for commenting or not. I have found this forum to be quite different than say a photography forum where you are groomed to critique one's work. I will encourage you to continue posting as, just as you have been able to learn from other members, we may learn from you. You have a very good grasp on this program and I too look forward to seeing more!
8) TC

PS: Nice to meet you too!
TCTime

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:31 am

Thanks TC, I have never belonged to a forum for anything before so it a totally new experience... I was so excited when I stumbled across the site (I was having issues with Gold and was looking for technical support). I am thoroughly enjoying the slide show aspect of photography. As is my nature I jumped in before really thinking about it... or really checking the site out!! Just was stoked to find other people that were into making slide shows.

It will take some getting used to... it seems kind of strange to share something that is so personal to me with people I haven't meet in person... but I can tell you I haven't meet anybody in my neighbourhood who is obsessed with this medium, so I had better get used to it if I want people to talk to about it!

Sandra

Valued Member

Postby V.B. » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:59 am

Hi Sandra,

It’s nice to meet you! I thought your show was very artistic and it was a pleasure to watch. After watching a couple of your shows, I have to say I think you have amazing talent! I can’t believe you have just started using PS Gold. I’m almost ashamed to say I don’t check the PSE Gold Sample Shows and Feedback Forum section of this site very often. I suspect the same goes for a lot of other members who belong to the PSE site, but seldom stray from the Producer section. This may be part of the reason shows posted here sometimes don’t get the comments or credit they deserve. I’ll definitely pay more attention to shows posted here, from now on.

Your photography is excellent. I love the way you use transition effects between photos. Your use of captions and their placement is perfect.

Please keep posting, because as TC said, “... just as you have been able to learn from other members, we may learn from you.” I have a feeling a lot of people, myself included, will learn a great deal from you in the future! Once you feel you have outgrown Gold, please get Producer. I can’t wait to see what you’ll create with it!

P.S. You know you have done well when someone comments, “... wish there had been more!”

-Vic

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Thank you so much V.B. I see we are from the same neck of the woods... I was born in Calgary, and called Edmonton home for a number of years. I am planning on moving up to Producer in early May and am excited with the new challeges that will bring.

Because my roots are in writing I see the slide show medium as a way to tell stories. I already have a number of slide shows planned. I love the in between nature. Not still photo's, not film... but something in-between. I approach it not as a way to show my photo's but for my photo's to support the story I want to tell.... so we will see if I can achieve my goal...

I will look for your shows on Producer. I have been watching to see what is possible. Sandra

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback