Paris Trip Day 2

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Paris Trip Day 2

Postby eastpoint22 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:56 am

This is the first video I've posted in Proshow enthusiasts so be gentle with me Hehe.
This is day 2 of a trip to Paris I did a few years back and includes pictures from the Eiffel tower and Napoleons tomb. The show lasts about 5.44 and was created in Prowshow Gold 4.
I hope you enjoy. Trevor/Eastpoint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nApwVeM7BQ

You'll have to press the HD button in youtube to see it in HD

Re: Paris Trip Day 2

Postby Diane48 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi Trevor
Thank you for taking me to Paris. One thing I love about this site is the wonderful mini holidays we get to go on almost daily!
I thought your presentation was good. I guess you used the black background throughout so that the text was easier to read. I liked the back background for the first part of the show but maybe you could have something different for the Eiffel Tower section...maybe a faded black and white of the same photo or even a gradient background would have worked.
I thought the music went very well with the speed of the slide show and the subject matter.
The biggest problem I could see was the font that you used throughout. It was very hard to read quickly. Also that font to me is very frivolous and pretty, not quite the one I would use for a historical took at Napoleon and the museums of Paris. I found myself struggling to read the text and look at the photo in the time given. I think the timing was right it was just that it was taking longer to decipher the text. Consider the fact that some of the words and names you used are not common words that are easily read, some have to be really looked at and understood.

I hope I haven't been too harsh. All in all a good first slide show. I remember how nervous I was at my first one... so nervous I couldn't sleep!
Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more of your travels.

Cheers, Diane

Postby eastpoint22 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:24 am

Hi Diane,
Thanks for your comments and youre not the first to say about the text, although the other lady was foreign and said English was not her first language but she also found it hard to read so its interesting to hear your view.
Thanks
Trevor.

Postby Jerry Cole » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Hi Trevor,
I enjoyed your offering very much. Although I have a slighly different take on the font than Diane, I can see her point. However, I think the font perfectly fit the mood of the show. DeBussy was perfect. I would perhaps leave the captions on a bit longer for some of the more lengthy or difficult identifications. I applaud you for using the captions for keeping us in touch with what we are viewing.

I enjoyed your photography very much, especially some of the creative shots of the tower. I do need to point out that the caption on the slide at 33 seconds has ALTAR incorrectly spelled as ALTER. This despite the indications of my signature line! Absolutely great for your first offering. We need to see more as you continue to develop. Thank you for posting.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby eastpoint22 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:02 am

Hi Jerry
Thank you for watching and posting your thoughts on my show. I personally liked the font as it looked Parisienne to me but I can see Dianes point its tricky to read later in the show so perhaps I should keep it on the title page and change to a more standard font in subsequent pages. As for making the captions last longer on screen it would be hard to do without removing a slide or two unless i'm missing something!
Thanks again and i've been looking at other peoples shows with interest and getting some ideas for future presentations.
Trevor
Ps Oops re Alter/Altar

Postby kabeeo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Very nice job. I would agree on the comment about the font, as it got a bit busy as the show moved on. I will be in Paris this summer and this served to pique my interest. Thanks.
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi Trevor, I'm new too so I can't give you any technical advice, just my opinions. Liked the show, liked the pace and your use of subtle zooms... The font didn't bother me... I would rather see the same font all the way through a show than a bunch of changing...

It's fun to see how people use the software for so many different subjects. I'll keep my out of for future posts!

Sandra

Postby eastpoint22 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks for looking Kabeeo.
You have a great time in Paris ( is there room for me in your case? ) and hopefully we'll see a slideshow of yours when you come back.

@ Smunited
Thanks for your comments Sandra, and I like you are looking, learning and getting ideas from other shows posted in here.
Trevor.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback