Helvellyn Massif

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Helvellyn Massif

Postby shaw » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:02 pm

This 6 minute show is of landscape images taken on climbing excursions in the English Lake District. I have kept the production simple, making careful use of effects and generally avoiding styles.

As a relative novice to ProShow Gold, I welcome comments.

I am grateful to fellow "enthusiasts" who have taken the time and trouble to comment on previous shows.

The link is:
http://www.photodex.com/share/shaw/d8b89mg4

Re: Helvellyn Massif

Postby tomdavis » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:28 pm

Now, I really enjoyed this show. Never have been thee so it was most interesting to me. Thought maybe you could have slipped in a caption or two. The piled rock got me to wondering....."why." Always want to know the reason. The sheep herders in Wyoming pile rocks to fake the sheep into thinking the sheep herder was still there when if they only knew, he is in town buying supplies and possibly having a cool one. (ha) This area looks like old valcano's that are not active. One thing for sure I would be worn out by the time I got half way up. Would an ambulance drive up the slope to get me? Maybe a good jeep would. Keep up the posts.

Tom

Re: Helvellyn Massif

Postby Jerry Cole » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Hello,
Beautiful country! Is this in Northern England? I am not familiar with the "Lake District" or Cumbria. I agree with Tom regarding the captions ... a few would be welcomed to know what we were seeing. Very pastoral in nature and most of the transitions fit well wtih the exception of the cut at 1:25 ... much too abrupt and out of character with the music and the languid pace of the other transitions. I could not watch the show on full screen version without a lot of pixelation, perhaps needed better resolution of the photos especially when there were zooms. All in all, still very visually pleasing and relaxing, calm video.
Thanks for posting,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback