Einstein's Eyes

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Einstein's Eyes

Postby Linda01 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am a real newbie to Proshow Gold and this is my first attempt at a slideshow. I would love some general feedback. I realize I used the wrong format size (full screen instead of widescreen). The content should not be offensive to anyone (except, maybe for people who are afraid of black cats). The show is about 2.22 minutes long.
Thank you so much.

http://www.photodex.com/share/weebit/g2g89mg4

Re: Einstein's Eyes

Postby MortenCopenhagen » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:50 am

Hi Linda,

Thanks for sharing your show and black cat. Wonderful and dramatic start.

A few suggestions that you might consider.
1) Leave out or replace the two out of focus close up pictures (0:48 and 0:17)
2) At 1:35 there is a distracting white/silver stripe on the cat. 1:37 is also compromised by the bed-end. Do you have other pictures you can replace them with?
3) Some of your captions only states the obvious and hence could be replaced or left out
4) At 1:26 I would photoshop the eyes. Also 1:46 could benefit from some more sparkle in the eyes.
5) You are using many different transitions - maybe too many. You could consider using some more minute zoom/rotate
6) Some of the pictures could use some more cropping to eliminate the furniture where possible (like 1:27)

It is perfectly OK to use another format then the widescreen. It depends on where/how you will be showing your show.

Please mention your choice of music in the credits list.

I hope you will reciewe my comments and suggestions constructively. They are for sure meant to be a constructive.

All the best
Please keep sharing
MortenCopenhagen

Postby debngar » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:24 am

Linda01 wrote:Hi Everyone,
I am a real newbie to Proshow Gold and this is my first attempt at a slideshow. I would love some general feedback. I realize I used the wrong format size (full screen instead of widescreen). The content should not be offensive to anyone (except, maybe for people who are afraid of black cats). The show is about 2.22 minutes long.
Thank you so much.

http://www.photodex.com/share/weebit/g2g89mg4

For a slideshow newbie, I think you did pretty good. You had a story line which always helps. I liked the suspenseful feel of the music and the opening.

Most newbies tend to overuse the features, effects and the many different transitions so I kind of expect to see that. You'll eventually get the feel of how to cut back on that kind thing as you make more and more shows.

Stick to one kind of font for captions, one color if possible. Using a contrasting drop shadow will help make the captions legible on similar colored images.

Cats are hard enough to photograph, black ones even harder! I'd say maybe just keep the best photos in the show unless you really need the others for content to take up time. It may not be worth your time to do all the photoshopping to the images to try and perfect them and/or be rid of the distracting elements if all this was is a starter show and you intend on doing a lot more of them down the line.

Looks like you had fun in the process. Caution, this will be addictive!

If you're interested in improving your photography and post processing skills there are lots of good photography forums out there to help pin point areas that can use improvement and how to do that. A bit of googling for "pet photography tips" will probably give you some sources of help if you want that.

Welcome to our forum!
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Linda01 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Thank you both for your constructive comments. I know the photos aren't great, but they are all I have of my camera shy boy and since this was mostly just a practice exercise I thought they'd work okay.
So far I really love Proshow and this forum has been a big help! :)

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:45 am

Beautiful pusscat. Love the dramatic start and the drama that continues throughout the show. Tells the story well - and I like Einstein's litte 'comments' ! - wish it had lasted a bit longer!
Last edited by Lavina Molnar on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Postby eastpoint22 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:32 pm

A nice show.
I loved the dramatic music and for me it was the right length to keep me interested any longer and i'd have started to lose interest.. Einsteins a star. :)

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback